How is Pasco County to work for...Day in the life??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How is Pasco County to work for...Day in the life??

As an exp. LEO having my oral boads with Pasco...What is a real day like there?? Is it humpin/bumpin calls or pretty laid back?? Micro-management or are you treated like an adult?? Pro-active "go get'em" or handing out daisies and boxes of candy to kids??

Are the shift's 12's?? do they rotate or perm.? How are the bene's compared to the region??

I'm looking for honest answers....Not the "THIS PLACE BLOWS" and all the other nonsense..

Thanks ya'll

Re: How is Pasco County to work for...Day in the life??

Pasco works rotating 12's, you work wed/thur one week then mon,tue,fri,sat,sun the next. Pasco is one of the busiest agencies in the area and has the lowest officer to citizen ratio of any large dept. in the area. I worked there for several years and moved on to another agency and never looked back. As far as benefits they lag behind most other area agencies, it takes almost 20yrs to top out in pay, there is no shift differential, assignment pay is next to nothing, no gap insurance and medical insurance is through the roof. Best of luck to you if you get hired.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Pasco works rotating 12's, you work wed/thur one week then mon,tue,fri,sat,sun the next. Pasco is one of the busiest agencies in the area and has the lowest officer to citizen ratio of any large dept. in the area. I worked there for several years and moved on to another agency and never looked back. As far as benefits they lag behind most other area agencies, it takes almost 20yrs to top out in pay, there is no shift differential, assignment pay is next to nothing, no gap insurance and medical insurance is through the roof. Best of luck to you if you get hired.
    It's true they will work you to death with little to no back up, we don't pay well, the benefits suck and you will kiss the citizens ass.

Pasco is really a good agency to work for; as long as you don't mind working. Some of our deputies who post on here are just lazy. The agency average for reports are 2.5 reports per 12 hour shift. Some of our deputies take sightly more per night/day due to working with lazy zone partners.
    I work in the busiest area in the county and average 2.3 reports per shift. I have plenty of time for pro-active patrols, and I enjoy my job.
    If your looking for a place to hang out and retire, don't apply here. We need more deputies that want to work so we can get rid of all these deputies who just wand to drive around running back-ups all night.

Pasco is really a good agency to work for; as long as you don't mind working. Some of our deputies who post on here are just lazy. The agency average for reports are 2.5 reports per 12 hour shift. Some of our deputies take sightly more per night/day due to working with lazy zone partners.
    I work in the busiest area in the county and average 2.3 reports per shift. I have plenty of time for pro-active patrols, and I enjoy my job.
    If your looking for a place to hang out and retire, don't apply here. We need more deputies that want to work so we can get rid of all these deputies who just wand to drive around running back-ups all night.
    Right, on the east side we normally pull 4 to 5 reports a shift and spend most of our time going call to call, verry little time for proactive work. Look at our turnover, it's not lazy deputies just burnt out deputies.

I agree with the above poster. If you on the west side only average 2 reports then you are not reporting on everything you should be or are the one dodging calls. I averaged way more then 2 a night when I was on patrol, more like 4-5. Just shows how many more guys are out there on the west side right now. ALso it is so easy for you new guys to say how much you all love your jobs. The above poster is completely correct. THere is a huge difference in being lazy and being burnt out.

"Plenty of time for pro-active patrols" Thats funny, because it took your agency an hour and a half to respond to an in-progress call w/ the suspect still on foot in my neighborhood.

Sorry to say but pasco sucks to work for. My family member got hurt while at the gun range doing what he was told to do, not knowing what they were telling him to do was dangerous. they are not supposed to use live bullets while practicing to un-jam their guns. but for some reason even after they know this is dangerous and not approved by glock, they are still doing it. My family member is now disabled and in pain daily from pasco county not caring enough to do the right thing. the way they treated him was to accuse him of doing something wrong. this accident was not his fault. if they were not using live bullets his gun would not have backfired in his hand. the worse part about it is how pasco has silenced him from telling everyone the truth. one day the story will come out and everyone will know what really happened and how he was treated. till then we continue to pray for our loved one and hope noone has to go through what he has.

The poster who put the above in there is Lying. You need to come out on a ride along and you will see for yourself. Since they won't allow the public to ride with a lazy call dodger, you will ride with a 4-6 report taker but might have only one or two opportunities to take a pee break. The admin includes the lazy call dodgers and sergeant slots when they do the math and then they come up with that 2.5 reports per day average bullshit. This is a dead giveaway as to who posted the message isn't it an.

The only proactive calls that matter are when we drive by a dealership at 45 miles per hour and send a driected patrol up to the system, or when we drive into viva villas and drive back out and send one up. Other than that no other area is a legitemately counted proactive patrol. I have enough time to do about 15 minutes of proactive patrols in a 84 hour two week period.

PASCO HAS SILENCED HIM FROM TELLING THE TRUTH why because he got a fat $ settelment which was all he wanted from the start????? Shut the Fuzk Up

Sorry to say but pasco sucks to work for. My family member got hurt while at the gun range doing what he was told to do, not knowing what they were telling him to do was dangerous. they are not supposed to use live bullets while practicing to un-jam their guns. but for some reason even after they know this is dangerous and not approved by glock, they are still doing it. My family member is now disabled and in pain daily from pasco county not caring enough to do the right thing. the way they treated him was to accuse him of doing something wrong. this accident was not his fault. if they were not using live bullets his gun would not have backfired in his hand. the worse part about it is how pasco has silenced him from telling everyone the truth. one day the story will come out and everyone will know what really happened and how he was treated. till then we continue to pray for our loved one and hope noone has to go through what he has.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast