Radios
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radios

Talking Radios

St Johns is still using 100mhz radios, They suck they don't have emergency buttons and all you hear is static. They suck they keep telling us we are going to get 800mhz but I've been hearing that for more that 5 years it always comes down to money issues. I can foresee this radio situation getting someone hurt, especially with no emergency button.

Re: Radios

My app is already in with JSO. More money and better equipment, why should I stay here.

Smile Re: Radios

Yeah my wife will be rich when I get hurt with this stupid radio system that staff knows doesnt work have of the time and they do nothing but bandaid it . I mean come on 100mhz is way out the door we need to upgrade like complete overhaul but we always get the money issue.. well if this agency would quit throwing away money on nonsense we would have a good system.. For instance we should have got a good radio system before changing the computer system the radio will save our lifes the computer is a benefit no lifesaving there

This place is starting to suck. What is going on the road, we are always short handed. Are we going to hire anyone.

Just another case of the deputies needs being placed last!

It does suck with the radio system. They can get a $750.000 mobile command center without money being an issue, but can't get their deputies better equipment

Lightbulb Re: Radios

Guys, I have to say that due to the Amendment issues, we are strapped for money. We arent the only agency in the state that is hurting for money. We got a raise this year. I dont know of ANY other agency that did. Yes our radios are terrible but it takes money to buy an 800 MHZ system. The sheriff is at least trying to make our lives better with what he has. Keep your heads up and things will get better. This agency is much better than most. Trust me, I have been elsewhere......Stay safe

To reiterate what guest119 said. For those that have been with this agency for more than 4 years know that we have grown by leaps and bounds. We all have newer cars, better overhead lights, tasers, mini 14s, expandable batons and the pay is pretty darn good compared to the rest of the state of Florida. Yes our radios suck. Especially in the outlying areas such as Ponte Vedra, Hastings and Julington Creek. They are outdated but the new system IS coming! The problem is that all of the county will be switching over to the new system, Road and Bridge, Fire and rescue and the like, not just the SO. Hang in there, one thing at a time.

JSO is Great as long as your in the right part of town, the pay is good, and the Police and Fire Pension is unbeatable. I guess all n all working here is not bad. Good raises, you can do basically whatever you want and if your board on the road, there is a lot of other patrols to take.

I guess its all about what you want.

Cool Re: Radios

Has anyone heard about 800mhz radios. We keep hearing a rumor that we have to have them by sept 6, 2011 but thats still far out.... I mean as much money as this county has and we don't have decent radios still working off 100mhz radios. Come on guys are safety needs a decent radio system like yesterday. We got a loan for mobile command why not one for the radios? Secondly we can't talk to surrounding agencies there all on 800 and were on 100.. I wish somebody would help get the ball rolling, its going to get one of us killed. the radios completely suck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast