Pinellas detention deputy arrested on DUI charge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

November 05, 2008

A Pinellas County detention deputy was arrested Tuesday night on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence.

Authorities said that Aaron O. Simpson, 28, was driving his personal vehicle about 8:43 p.m. near the intersection of Belcher Road and Bryan Dairy Road in Pinellas Park.

An off-duty detective saw the car driving erratically and notified patrol deputies, who made the arrest.

Simpson was hired in 2002 and works in the North Division of the jail, authorities said.

Simpson was arrested in February on another DUI, according to court records, and was on pretrial release.

He was put on administrative leave with pay and released from the jail on $500 bail.

Jonathan Abel, Times staff writer

Posted by Times Editor at 1:51:54 PM on November 5, 2008
    in | Permalink

Re: Pinellas detention deputy arrested on DUI charge

Guess he didn't learn his lesson after his first arrest for DUI??? I'm all for giving people a second chance, learn from your mistake and move on. But, if you're dumb enough to do the same thing a few months later, I don't have much sympathy for you. He'll deserve whatever punishment IOB gives him.

Yeah for the second time while working for PCSO!! Does this guy really think that he is that far above the law?

Post Re: Pinellas detention deputy arrested on DUI charge

Id like to say I cant believe it but what the......this is unbelievable!! :evil:

They need to fire him. He obvisously didn't learn the first time and he doesn't care or else he would not have drove drunk the second time. His tattoos says it all, Hard Luck and game over.

Too bad for him he isn't a Pasco or Pinellas patrol deputy; he would have been given "professional courtesy" and no DUI.

I dont think so, he's had a price on his badge ever since the new major stepped in. Not that he didnt bring it on, just look at him. Great kid but not to bright if he wanted to stay.

Its all about being and looking professional which he doesn't with all of the visible tats.

"I dont think so, he's had a price on his badge ever since the new major stepped in."

How would Pinellas Park PD know that the major and chief deputy want to get rid of this guy?

I am not sure where you got your info from but PCSO picked him up if I am not mistaken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast