Volusia Sheriff's Sgt. Vickery Driving Drunk? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Volusia Sheriff's Sgt. Vickery Driving Drunk?

Click below to download audio of the traffic stop
    Daytona Beach News Journal
    It's about 16 MB, so it's takes a couple of minutes. You can right click and "Save Target As..."

http://www.news-journalonline.com/me...kory110708.mp3

Very interesting... From http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtop...?f=296&t=80275

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    From the News Journal Blog

#602 EK2 - Deland, FL. - 11/7/2008 12:56:00 PM
    Unfortunately Dergeant Vickery is a good cop, I worked with him for a long time. I had an 11 year history in law enforcement, both as city police officer, and a deputy sheriff in Volusia County. I was arrested for DUI, and ended up being terminated by Volusia County for violating department policy "misdemeanors, whether chargeable or not, which are injurious to the department." I lost my job because I wasn't in the good ole boy click, but I can name several deputies Sergeant S. Helmer, Deputy Eric Kemple, Deputy R. Henshaw, Deputy W. Burnsed, Sergeant B. Socha, and the Sheriff who could have been, or were charged with DUI, but kept their jobs. Sergeant Vickery is a FOB and will keep his job. I have personally witnessed the Sheriff driving under the influence three seperate times. A retirement party, and 2 county parties held at the fair grounds. As for people living in glass houses and throwing stones, the only deputies in Volusia County who don't drink and drive are the deputies in recovery. I rest my case.

#640 EK2 - Deland, FL. - 11/7/2008 2:14:00 PM
    Reply to #630 moorfam: They can come after me, I have absolutely nothing to hide. I had wanted to be a cop from the time I can remember, I got to live that dream, and hopefully I will be able to once again. As for naming names anything I have written on here is actually public record, and available to anyone who desire to read the internal affairs investigation. The only one that wouldn't be public record would be the naming of Sheriff Johnson, but after what has recently been published in the news about his driving under the influence, and the fact that he frequents the blind pig pub, and the airport lounge, and that it really isn't a secret that he drinks and drives I don't believe Sheriff Johnson would like to come after me. Sheriff Johnson exclaimed to everyone in my FTEP class that so long as you tell the truth there will always be a position for you with the Sheriff's Office, I was very honest during my internal affairs investigation to the point that I told Lt. Goggin I had a drinking problem, 1 because of the stress of my cheating ex, and financial trouble, but the extreme stress of being an Investigator in the busiest district in the county with a very large case load, you see where that got me. Anyway I do have an attorney and am in the process of filing civil action against the county. Oh yeah Adultry and cohabition are still on the books as a misdemeanor according to Florida law, so all of the deputies are guilty of something, isn't that right Sergeant Pedri, and Deputy Crystal North. I won't hide behind a screen name I am James Mathis,was a very good cop, and please please corrupt officers and deputies of Volusia County come after me.

Whats the latest on Sgt Vickery and Officer Selander of Ponce Inlet. The alleged investigation should be over by now ?

The election is over, nothing will come of this.

There has to be a news media followup ? The "investigation " should be finalized by now,on Vickery (and Selander of PIPD) ??

Nothing is going to happen. There was a carpet here and it all get swept under it.

He was drunk. He got away with it, just like all the other cops get away with things. At least this was published in our newspaper and on the news. His ego is so big that that was punishment enough. LOL He's a real jerk.

Ofc Selander is no longer with Ponce Inlet, he was either told to leave or just quit out of frustration over this incident. He was a lousy cop anyhow from what I was told, but apart from his many many other incidents of poor judgement, he was pretty stupid for attracting so much attention to himself over this whole incident, like having his body mike on and recording the whole incident "DUH" ,and writing Vickery a summons, which began the documentation "DUH" "DUH" :roll: Face it, once he found out Vickery was a cop he should have called him a cab and parked his vehicle. He never should have said ANYTHING over the radio,and extended the usual professional courtesy,as one does to a fellow colleague. If at that point Vickery gave him a hard time , he should have done what I did years ago to a fellow "bone headed" drunk cop that I stopped for DUI. He gave me the same hard time that Selander got,and shortly after trying to reason with him,calling him a cab, calling a friend etc and he insisted he could drive , (like Selander tried with the drunk Sergeant) I said: "ok , I'm leaving,but you wont be driving tonight" With that, and making sure his car was properly parked, I climbed into my police car, rolled down the window, and let him see me throw his car keys ,into a dark wooded lot,and waved goodbye. Justice served :!: Now thats how you do it :snicker: The OLD PRO !!!!!!!

Vickery is a complete jerk, and he deserved to be arrested, just like the rest of you arrest "regular" people for DUI. He's a complete alcoholic. He'll get his someday, but at least he's not on the road. He's just some douche at the shooting range. LOL What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickery's Victim
    Vickery is a complete jerk, and he deserved to be arrested, just like the rest of you arrest "regular" people for DUI. He's a complete alcoholic. He'll get his someday, but at least he's not on the road. He's just some douche at the shooting range. LOL What a joke.
    Sounds like you have anger control issues. Sergeant Vickery was punished....so he got his. If you cannot handle that the punishment fit the crime then it is on you.

He is not some "douche" at the shooting range. He is the Sergeant in charge of a major training facility where there is always training taking place.

Get a life....go to some other blog board (like maybe the News-Journal that hates cops)....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast