OOUUCCHH!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OOUUCCHH!

OOUUCCHH!

Saw a news story out of Pensacola about one of your Agents getting tasered by the locals on a robbery call...what's up with that?

Re: OOUUCCHH!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Saw a news story out of Pensacola about one of your Agents getting tasered by the locals on a robbery call...what's up with that?
    Should be interesting when we find out.

The agent IM was running a kid, the store clerk sold to the minor. When the agents went into the store to issue an NTA, a gun was located near the counter. IM took charge of the weapon. A customer walking in saw IM with the weapon and the store clerk with the hands in the air. The customer called 911, the cops showed up. All people in the store were ordered out by the cops and put on the ground. The other agent came out and got on the ground and placed her badge on the ground in front of her. IM came out and would not comply, he tried saying he was a state agent. The police tasered him and released a K-9. IM was taken to a local hospital and released. None of the deputies are under an I.A., they did nothing wrong.

Can we say... lawsuit?

Lawsuit?.....Are you out of your mind? I worked for your agency for a number of years in South Florida. Maybe our interaction with the local PD's and SO's was better, but I cannot remember one time we ever had a problem such as this. Even during turbulent periods where some of our Supervisor's forgot which side of the line they worked on and blew us out of narcotics and prostitution investigations by letting dirty ex-cops know who we were. From the postings on this board that I have read over the past year, it does not seem much better. I still see postings regarding Lt's and Captains that have minimal law enforcement experience trying to motivate younger and older agents to just do their jobs. At least once a month I get asked for a contact at the local ABT office and I have to explain to the people asking that I am not comfortable making that call as I have seen the agency spiral downwards over the past 3-4 years in a manner that is very sad. I have met some of the newer agents in the area and they appear to be intelligent, dedicated individuals. I am sure this assessment will be met with a barrage of comments from "old tiers" and "newbies" alike. I am sure there are still some of the older Agents I knew that get the job done, but in speaking with the few people I still maintain contact with, they are few and far between, some due to the problems they face if they do try a do a good job and others because they have been lazy since the day they were hired and thought your job was a 7:30AM-3:30 PM job. The Agent that refused to comply should be disciplined for his actions. He is lucky to be alive. I have been to far too many law enforcement funeral in my 25+ years in law enforcement. Most of my carreer has been spent in plainclothes and undercover work. The benefit of this was always no one knew you were a cop until you let them know. Many times I had to "show my hands" or assume the position during on duty encounters. To do anything other than ordered to by a law enforcement officer in the performance of his/her duties is not only stupid and dangerous, but it is illegal as well, even if you are acting within the scope of your duties. In conclusion, no matter who you work for or what your duties entail, you are brother and sister law enforcement officers. Please use your heads so that we have no tragedies that are easily avoided. Be Safe.

Can we say... lawsuit?
    Why a lawsuit?? If the Police tell you to get on the ground and they are pointing guns and tasers at you and have a K-9...GET YOUR ARSE ON THE GROUND!!!

Shouldn't at least one of the Agents have POLICE markings on their clothes??? There have been too many shootings of UC police in the past...please learn from this guys. Be Safe.

Can we say... lawsuit?
    Can we say no! Hes lucky they didn't shoot him...

Sounds like a lack of training issue. Anyone who works uc knows to comply and then show the badge. Just a case of the dumba**.

Can we say... lawsuit?
    Why a lawsuit?? If the Police tell you to get on the ground and they are pointing guns and tasers at you and have a K-9...GET YOUR ARSE ON THE GROUND!!!

Shouldn't at least one of the Agents have POLICE markings on their clothes??? There have been too many shootings of UC police in the past...please learn from this guys. Be Safe.
    WELL SAID, THE AGENT WAS IN THE WRONG!!!!
    REAL SIMPLE DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU NAD LAUGH ABOUT IT LATER.

BE SAFE

Quote Originally Posted by guest02
    Can we say... lawsuit?

WELL SAID, THE AGENT WAS IN THE WRONG!!!!
    REAL SIMPLE DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU NAD LAUGH ABOUT IT LATER.

BE SAFE
    What is sad, is IM is one of our "senior" agents! He should have known better if what I read was correct. However, you never can tell unless you were actually there. That's beverage 101. If uniformed guys are pointing guns and yelling at you, you get your a** on the ground. Either way, IM is lucky to be alive. Otherwise another Hougland would be hired like after the UCF incident, to get us on "double-secret" accreditation and make more constricting policies.

Either way, I'll have to ask IM how it was to "Ride The Lightning".

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast