OOUUCCHH! - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: OOUUCCHH!

Re: OOUUCCHH!

The K-9 deputy was wrong, you do not send the dog in after all the other deputies have dog piled (no pun intended). Sending the dog in while being tazed before the dog pile is one thing, after the fact is a poor handler just wanting his dog to get a bite.

If you look at the video he was going to the ground before he got tazed, you don't go to your knees after being tazed, you lock up and fall like a log. The was no reason to taze him again, they were wrong.

IM isn't without fault. I would have cleared the store so there was no reason for someone to think it was being held up, and I would have walked in wearing a red bandana looking like a thug. I wouldn't have gone to get the IA's ID. But what do I know, I don;t have all the experience you all have, but I haven't been tazed or bitten by a dog wither.

I've done at least a thousand test buys over the years. I've had to cuff a couple and take a few to jail. I've had other LE respond after a clerk hit the silent alarm or called police. Never had an issue. The key here is COMMAND PRESENCE. Be aware of your surroundings. Anticipate actions. Have a plan. Make sure your partner understands your plan. Take control of the situation.
    Were opportunities missed? Probably.
    Was the situation avoidable? ABSOLUTELY.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I've done at least a thousand test buys over the years. I've had to cuff a couple and take a few to jail. I've had other LE respond after a clerk hit the silent alarm or called police. Never had an issue. The key here is COMMAND PRESENCE. Be aware of your surroundings. Anticipate actions. Have a plan. Make sure your partner understands your plan. Take control of the situation.
    Were opportunities missed? Probably.
    Was the situation avoidable? ABSOLUTELY.
    That was the most well written and thought out post so far in this thread..

Second that!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678