Cops Arrested! HR-218 to be tested in the courts. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Cops Arrested! HR-218 to be tested in the courts.

what i dont understand is why a brother officer would arrest another officer active or retired given 218 exists and what the hell even if it didnt a little professional courtesy should be given

Good morning all, as a retired deputy from Hillsborough Co.
    I travel a lot with gun shows now I have never had a cop anywhere question me. Once in Columbia, North Carolina durning a bomb scare in the motel I was staying in a cop banged on the door and was hollering get up get up. Well you can just imagine what I did. Here's this 25 year old cop going to save my life telling me there's a bomb in the building ,So I said where is it I'll fix the problem. I had my glock in the small of my back when I came out the door. Oh my god you would think he had caught a bank robber or worst. He drew down on me and was very nervous about it. I told him to chill, badged him, he never looked at my badge or ID and let me go. This would have never happened in Tampa , I don't think.

We are all trained in many fields and when we retire we don't get stupid. There is a large number of retired cops that can help and are willing to do so out here.

I worked an accident out in Mission South Dakota. An Indian cop run into a truck next to our motel room. I heard the noise and run toward the accident. I found A large Indian cop lying across the steering wheel, and already had people looking through his car. I took control and ordered everyone on the sidewalk. Another reservation cop showed up started directing traffic while we did CPR of the driver that died despite our best efforts.

Guys you can't help yourself in a situation like this you are cops until the day you start your new assignment on gate patrol in heaven.

I and a police officer and live and work in eastern pennsylvania along the delaware river. There are times both on duty and off duty i have crossed state lines carrying my firearm. One time i was stopped and when asked if i had my firearm i replied "yes" and was told "good." I have, however, heard horror stories about other officers.
    I also go to NYC, which is about an hour away. I asked an nypd police officerabout carrying in nyc. He said i should be able to but reccomndened a phone number for me to call (police plaza). I called and asked them the same question. I was told "under no circumstances will an out of state officer be permitted to carry in NYC. So much for hr-218

A a Patrol Officer for 30+ years in a major CA city, I have often encountered out of State officers who bring their piece along for vacation. Most of this pre-dates HR218. Always, despite the fact that CA did not recognize East Coast rights to carry for LEO, the standard practice was to allow any active LEO to carry. New York cops in particular were adamant that they would not give up their gun, no matter if they were drunk or disorderly. I find it reprehensible that NYC, who benefited from Professional Courtesy extended by CA LEO's, would now turn around and arrest those selfsame officers who cut them slack way before HR218. It has been my experience that most experienced PD Officers are extremely reluctant to get involved in the off-duty display of firearms unless they. their loved ones, or innocent civilians are being threatened with GBI or worse. How any city could encourage the incarceration of any Police Officer for protecting their own life or the lives of any other citizen is beyond belief. Maybe the murder rate in NYC or Washington DC would take a nosedive if they had to worry about off-duty or retired LEO tourists resisting assaults, robberies or becoming another statistic to the highest murder rates in the nation. As we have seen recently, even the DC law has been thrown out by the US Supreme Court. I expect NYC to be worried about loosing the Sullivan Act soon.

I am a former NYPD Lieutenant and have come across many off duty and on duty officers from other states during my 20yrs of service, the thought of arresting a fellow officer never entered my mind pre or post HR218. Every PD has A**HOLES we may have more than others but we also have over 35000 members. So please don't throw us all in the same boat most would do the right thing. God bless and BE SAFE.

Laws are laws; cop or no cop, the law apples to everyone. The problem with some cops is, they think that they're above the law.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    what i dont understand is why a brother officer would arrest another officer active or retired given 218 exists and what the hell even if it didnt a little professional courtesy should be given..

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    1200 E Morehead st Ste 20-F Charlotte,NC 28204

Charlotte Airport limo - Charlotte limousine service - Comfort limousine

We provide professional driving services to people in Charlotte, Gastonia, Concord and Mint Hill in North Carolina as well as Rock Hill, South Carolina in Charlotte limo.Our drivers are willing to pick you and your party up in any community surrounding our immediate service area. So we are the best in charlotte limo, car service , limousine and airport transportation and party bus Charlotte limo. we provide a wide range of services at Comfort Limousine. You may request sedan or town car service to transport you to and from the airport.

If you want to know more details please visit our site.

maricelafm16

Common updated photo blog with boiling men

Unregistered

Poor officer

I wonder who arrested another cop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast