new shirts for sale!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: new shirts for sale!!

I think it is long past due! These are words spoken by the Sheriff himself in quotes. From what I hear they are selling like crazy... so to each their own opinion there is always going to be people pro and con on something. My suggestion would be if you don' t like them, then hey! Don't buy one :roll:

The shirts are not demeaning, at least to those of us that are LEO's, I don't believe anyway. I do, however, believe they are kind of tacky. I don't think we need to remember Matt in this way. Trust me, that pos got what he deserved and those words spoken by our boss were awesome, I just don't think it is super appropriate to put on a shirt in remembrance of Matt and DiOGi.. Just my opinion, like the above post stated, everyone has their own, and are/should be allowed to voice them. I, however, would not wear it.. RIP Matt, you will always be missed and remembered fondly!

I saw the shirt’s design and I think it’s awesome. The sheriff approved of it and that’s good enough for me. Those involved in the shooting did their job with distinction. While I personally believe Freeland got exactly what he earned, the swat members in the woods defended themselves and went home to their families.

This tragedy has spurred a lot of positive training and new thinking in the way we handle ourselves on the street. In particular it changed the way I look at tracking and searches in heavily overgrown areas. I don’t take risks that I don’t have to. The sheriff changed our general orders to protect us and prevent another instance like this from happening. That quoted statement was the first in a long line of positives for us.

The shirt is not demeaning; it’s a fabulous quote from a proactive sheriff about a terrible day. If you don’t agree with it, don’t buy one. As a “concerned citizen” I’m certain you don’t understand the brotherhood you comment on so frequently. We count on each other every day, especially in K9 to go home at night. This shirt and others like it help us remember our fallen with that twist of cynical humor that cops develop.

Code of Ethics

"As a law enforcement officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life.

I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of duty.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudice, animosities, or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice, or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities
    I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession - law enforcement."

I haven't seen the shirt but then again, I don't think I need to in order to form an opinion about the message it will send to the public. The quote our Sheriff made that day was exactly what needed to be said at that particular time. I don't believe though that it is in good taste to wear it around town. It might send the message to the public that we condone violent ends to situations. That is not our purpose nor is it our SWAT team's goal. I know for some of you, you will say, "Well hell yeah, a Cop killer got what he deserved that day". Was that particular shooting justified? Yes it was. Is it in our agency's best interest to publicly glorify having to take someone's life (even a scumbag such as Freeland)? I think not. More specifically, it sheds a bad light on our SWAT team. When there are SO MANY OTHER ways that our agency can raise money, I think this one should be shelved. I bought all the other Matt & DiOGi T-shirts but I won't be supporting this one. Although this was the Sheriff's quote, it has everything to do with the actions taken by the SWAT officers that morning. Did anyone ask them how they felt about having a billboard made up constantly reminding them of the day they had to kill someone? Having to take someone's life in such a violent manner (no matter who the suspect is) was I'm sure difficult on them. Having to be reminded of it everyday by seeing these T-shirts is unnecessary.

As stated before, everyone has their own opinion. If you don't like it, don't buy it, pretty simple as that. There will never be anything that is 100% agreeable with an agency as large as this one. I think it's more of a novelity item and nothing more. So chill out, the novelity will eventually wear off as does everything else. :devil:

That is my point exactly...."Guest"! You say it is a novelty item...and I agree about that. That is why it is so tacky to me. I was there...in the middle of it all. I lost my friend that day, senselessly ambushed and executed...and I saw his blood smeared on the vests of my fellow teammates who heroicly carried him out of the woods. I hunted his killer for the next 20 hrs alongside my exhausted teammates until we found him hiding under a tree holding Matt's gun. We did what was necessary. It was graphic and violent but it was forced upon us. This was NOT a trivial incident to me....something that should be remembered by novelty items with catchy phrases and bullet hole art!! It is demeaning to the SWAT men and women who risked their lives to bring a killer to justice. So before you tell me to "chill out" again, I would suggest that you put things in a proper perspective. To this day, none of the brave members of our SWAT team have been honored or even acknowledged for their heroics. They were nominated for medals (unbeknownst to them) but were denied. Two officers from LPD however were honored by our agency. Our guys never asked to be recognized for their bravery, but they too never asked that their actions be reduced and summarized on a cheap T-shirt either!!!

Amen to the above.
    Thanks to you SWAT guys/gals that went out there and hunted that animal down.
    We appreciate what you guys do and I know Matt does.
    It is tacky and DEF not a way to remember such a tragic incident and a wonderful person.

Where can the shirts be bought...besides thru someone's email posted on here??

you can only get them through the original posted email. She is the one who makes the shirts at home. It is all legit 100% she is a trusted part of this agency

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast