OC Deputy Sheriff arrested for DUI

OC Deputy Sheriff arrested for DUI

orlandosentinel.com/orl-orange-deputy-arrested-102508,0,7859753.story
    OrlandoSentinel.com
    Orange deputy sheriff arrested, charged with driving under influence

Dan Tracy

Sentinel Staff Writer

4:02 PM EDT, October 25, 2008

An Orange County deputy sheriff was arrested early Saturday in the Tampa area and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a jail booking report shows.

Deputy Jerry Nelson, 29, was taken into custody about 3 a.m. in Hillsborough County. Nelson, who joined the Sheriff's Office on Dec. 2, 2005, was booked into the Hillsborough County Jail about three hours later and released Saturday.

A Sheriff's Office statement said Nelson will be taken off the street and reassigned to administrative duties while his case is investigated by department officials.

Copyright © 2008, Orlando Sentinel

Re: OC Deputy Sheriff arrested for DUI

Anyone know which agency popped him? He's a great deputy and I can't imagine he gave anyone any attitude.

HCSO got him and he blew UNDER (0.069)

with urine taken....

WTF? Took the ride and he even blew under. It's a shame. Blanket party for the arresting dep

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    WOW! I can't imagine arresting a cop for DUI if they were boarderline. I have been put in that situation before; let an opd officer go when he was .06 on a PBT. He showed the minimum clues needed for the arrest, I am SO glad I didn't take him.

I'll tell ya, Hillsborough Deputies (dle or corrections) have no clue or insight into reality. DUH!!! Just watch a few episodes of COPS or that new show American Jail and you'll scratch your head and wonder - how did these dummies get hired in law enforcement? They must all be ex FHP - that would explain alot! LOL

Its too bad the deputy was busted, but your agency is known for d.u.i. arrests of fellow cops. I guess there is a god or what goes around comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by seen it done before
    Its too bad the deputy was busted, but your agency is known for d.u.i. arrests of fellow cops. I guess there is a god or what goes around comes around.
    It took you 7 months to post this...keep on truckin' buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesy
    I'll tell ya, Hillsborough Deputies (dle or corrections) have no clue or insight into reality. DUH!!! Just watch a few episodes of COPS or that new show American Jail and you'll scratch your head and wonder - how did these dummies get hired in law enforcement? They must all be ex FHP - that would explain alot! LOL
    Its all about ethics!

Would you let a Trooper or another COP go if you busted him for soliciting for some putang? A victim less crime!
    Probably yes.

This is what happens when you let a COP go for DUI, even if its under .08.

Volusia Sheriff's Sgt. Vickery Driving Drunk?

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtop...?f=296&t=79915

How are you going to pay your bills now?

Remember, if more than one person know, then its no longer a secret and just count you days to termination.