New prescription county ordinance

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Angry New prescription county ordinance

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Anderson, Herald-Tribune
    A Sarasota County effort to monitor prescription painkillers is in the works to combat drug overdose rates.

The proposed law would require anyone seeking prescription painkillers to show photo identification at Sarasota County pharmacies. The county attorney's office has just begun researching the legality of such a policy.

Thaxton and Staub said they both were prescribed powerful painkillers and never had to show an ID at the pharmacy. "It seems simple; I'm not sure why they don't do it," Staub said.

"I know of no other counties in Florida that are doing this -- this is novel legislation," said Paul Sloan, who manages a Sarasota pain clinic and has lobbied local and state leaders for tougher prescription monitoring standards.

The Herald-Tribune analysis found that between 2001 and 2006, overdose deaths tripled in Sarasota and that the increase was driven by prescription painkillers.

State lawmakers have blocked a statewide database program that would prevent prescription drug addicts from obtaining multiple prescriptions from multiple doctors.
    Click here for the full story.
    "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is SUCCESS." -- Henry Ford

Re: New prescription county ordinance

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Anderson, Herald-Tribune
    Thaxton and Staub said they both were prescribed powerful painkillers and never had to show an ID at the pharmacy. "It seems simple; I'm not sure why they don't do it," Staub said.
    I went to pick up somebody elses narcotics from a pharmacy -- and they never made me show ID!!! I just handed them the cash and I walked out with the drugs!!!! America!!! I love it!!!! :shock:

Who cares? I am out looking for DUIs!

Did SSO Deputy KT resign two weeks ago for "doctor shopping" to get multiple prescriptions from multiple doctors?

Did NPPD Officer Sean Butcher resign for "doctor shopping" to get multiple prescriptions from multiple doctors? (his name is already posted in that newspaper article)

How come the state legislature doesn't want to create a statewide prescription database (like what other states already successfully use) to stop prescription drug addicts from getting multiple prescriptions from multiple doctors? Who are the state legislators $$$ who don't want to stop $$$ this $$$??? YOU figure it out! $$$

$$$ Follow da mo-nee trails!!! $$$