My name is Adam Tebrugge. I am running for Public Defender for the 12th Judicial Circuit, which covers Sarasota, Manatee and DeSoto counties. I am seeking the support of all law enforcement officers in these three counties.

Q: Why do I deserve your support?

A: My pledge to law enforcement is that I will insist on professional conduct by the attorneys of the Public Defender's Office. Specifically:
  • I will ensure that our attorneys work with you to schedule timely depositions. [/*:m4fmuz0r]
  • We will not keep you waiting around the courthouse if we can reach you by phone. [/*:m4fmuz0r]
  • Our attorneys will be trained to ask questions of substance in the courtroom. [/*:m4fmuz0r]
  • I will work closely with the Sheriff's Office, to our mutual benefit, on issues concerning the jail and courthouse security.[/*:m4fmuz0r]

My qualifications: After graduating from New College and FSU Law, I joined the Public Defender's Office in December of 1984. I served two years in county court, three years in felony court, and for the past eighteen years I have handled primarily homicide cases. In 2008, I was the recipient of the Jim Slater award for professionalism in the practice of criminal law. I have also been active with community affairs, serving as President of the Sarasota County Civic League, on the Board of Directors of the Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness and the Sarasota County Bar Association. My goal is to treat everyone with courtesy and respect while providing solid legal representation for my clients.

It is my sincere hope that you will review my qualifications for the office and consider supporting my campaign. Please visit my web page or email me at adam@adam4pd.info with your questions.

Thank you for taking the time to read my statement, and thank you for your service to our community.

Sincerely,
Adam Tebrugge