Dozens of NC voter registration forms faked (ACORN)

Dozens of NC voter registration forms faked (ACORN)

One group is the focus of the investigation after more than 100 forms turned out to be fraudulent. Election leaders in Wake County sift through dozens of returned letters, a sign voter registration forms from a variety of groups had bogus mailing addresses. Statewide, 135 fake forms --30 in Wake County and about 104 in Durham County-- are the focus of a state investigation --a small number, but still a big issue to republican leaders.

"They are a threat to the public at large and two they are engaged in large scale fraud and you don't have to take my word for it," said Danny Diaz, communications director for the Republican National Committee. "You wouldn't have federal and state authorities looking into their activities."

ACORN, a national group that has registered 27,000 new voters in North Carolina, is at the center of the controversy.

Officials say some of its workers used names and numbers out of phone books and others registered applicants multiple times.

"We tell our canvassers right away, 'don't do this, there are criminal consequences if you do it'," Pat McCoy with ACORN said. "We have had people who were prosecuted, but the organization has not been found to be guilty in regards to our programs."

Critics argue, unlike North Carolina, some states are sorting through hundreds of fraudulent forms, a burden to overwhelmed election workers.

They blame senator Obama's alleged ties to acorn --a relationship his campaign denies-- adding the voter registration controversy is a political ploy.

"I think it is a distraction, because again they're not affiliated with our campaign. They're not doing this on our behalf, we're registering voters ourselves," campaign strategist Robert Gibbs said. "We have the best field organization in NC and throughout this country."

(Excerpt) Read more at abclocal.go.com ...

Re: Dozens of NC voter registration forms faked (ACORN)

White guilt's a *****. cant believe a guy who associates with the likes of, well...you know the names, is going to be the president. This country has fallen off the deep edge. Foreign nations not freindly with the USA are cheering for this clown. that should tell u something. and u know the sad part of this whole thing? we paid for his election. through a special tax on our homes we fund ACORN who is supposed to be non partisan but has been shown not to be. The only positive thing about this is "whats going to be the excuse?". now that there is a black prsident ( not African American..cant be the president of two countries) we will no longer be able to cry about racism. After 40 years of handouts if ya cant get your sh.. together its not whiteys fault. By the way..I was born in a communist country. my parents left everything behind so that I would be spared having to grow up in that system. Along the way my Dad taught me about that system of government as well as signs to look for so that I wouldnt be fooled like so many of his friends who ended up dead or in prison. Ya think it cant happen here? GOD BLESS AMERICA. GOD BLESS THE SOUTH.