Reasons this place sucks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Reasons this place sucks

When I started new guys were issued used old cars that had 100,000 miles. We were issued 9mm Berettas with Winchester rounds that couldnt penetrate a windshield, literally. Our only long gun was a 12 guage 870 with OO Buck. We had MDT's that could send/recieve shorts messages, dispatch calls on and run X28's/X29's. We had had 400mhz radios that did not always reach the repeaters. We wore long sleeve shirts year round. We had two traffic cars for the whole county. We had few CPO's. CID positions were for ten year guys or higher. Our pay started at 22,800 a year. We had supervisors who expected you to do what you were told, never question an order, and they wanted you to keep your lowly opinion to yourself. We routinely handled calls with just one back up, including fights. Training classes were rarely allowed.

Now we give new guys new cars, year one. We get issued .45's with lights. We are issued $1000 .223 caliber rifles and 870's with tactical buckshot and slugs. We have MDB's that access everything. We have Cobans, facial recognition, night vision, Lojack, and the list goes on. We have an abundance of special patrol units. CID/CAP/SND is covered with young and old. Our pay is what, starting at or over $40k? We have supervisors who have newer management views. We have more back up than needed. And training is non-stop.

Yeah, you who whine have no clue how good you have it.

Re: Reasons this place sucks

We jailers don't have any of that new stuff but soon we will have the wonderful 12 hour shifts everywhere except Central Div., a 5% cut in pay for those working nights and the elimination of the maxed out deputies' stipend. Maybe if the administration did not buy so many new toys, promote so many majors and overload the administrative ranks, it would not have to balance the budget on the backs of the jailguards. Yep, we have it too good.

Post Re: Reasons this place sucks

I agree with the original post..stop whining or just leave! Plain and simple, we at the jail who actually work for a living are tired of hearing you cry! You barely do anything that merits you getting paid what you get paid now...so get over it already. I never heard of so many grown people ***** before like little two year olds...you sound like "Eoar" on my kids favorite show "Winnie the Pooh"

Quote Originally Posted by SPS5592
    I agree with the original post..stop whining or just leave! Plain and simple, we at the jail who actually work for a living are tired of hearing you cry! You barely do anything that merits you getting paid what you get paid now...so get over it already. I never heard of so many grown people ***** before like little two year olds...you sound like "Eoar" on my kids favorite show "Winnie the Pooh"

If you don't like hearing people express their frustrations on here why don't you take your own advice and leave this site. And the last person I'm gonna be lectured by is a jail hack. If it were up to me I'd privatize the jail to the lowest bidder and save MILLIONS EVERY YEAR! Budget problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by We have it too good
    When I started new guys were issued used old cars that had 100,000 miles. We were issued 9mm Berettas with Winchester rounds that couldnt penetrate a windshield, literally. Our only long gun was a 12 guage 870 with OO Buck. We had MDT's that could send/recieve shorts messages, dispatch calls on and run X28's/X29's. We had had 400mhz radios that did not always reach the repeaters. We wore long sleeve shirts year round. We had two traffic cars for the whole county. We had few CPO's. CID positions were for ten year guys or higher. Our pay started at 22,800 a year. We had supervisors who expected you to do what you were told, never question an order, and they wanted you to keep your lowly opinion to yourself. We routinely handled calls with just one back up, including fights. Training classes were rarely allowed.

Now we give new guys new cars, year one. We get issued .45's with lights. We are issued $1000 .223 caliber rifles and 870's with tactical buckshot and slugs. We have MDB's that access everything. We have Cobans, facial recognition, night vision, Lojack, and the list goes on. We have an abundance of special patrol units. CID/CAP/SND is covered with young and old. Our pay is what, starting at or over $40k? We have supervisors who have newer management views. We have more back up than needed. And training is non-stop.

Yeah, you who whine have no clue how good you have it.

Guess what, if it weren't for those that kept pushing to improve this agency you would still be driving an 83 Diplomat with an old MDT, making $23,000 a year, and carrying a rusty Beretta.

When I started we got a least a 5% percent raise each year, We were able to use our agency cars for personal errands, minor violations were handled by a Deputy's supervisor instead of every complaint being sent to I.A., And we got compensated a minimum of 2hrs for ALL court appearances. Looks to me like you have no clue how good we HAD it.

It's not whining, it's facts. If you don't like it, go back to your office and play with your computer.

"If you don't like hearing people express their frustrations on here why don't you take your own advice and leave this site. And the last person I'm gonna be lectured by is a jail hack. If it were up to me I'd privatize the jail to the lowest bidder and save MILLIONS EVERY YEAR! Budget problem solved."

Check out Bay County. Jail privatization works about as well as patrol privatization. If the jail went private, the SO would lose a major source of funds - no more shiny new toys for the road guards and fewer majors and lawyers.

hahahahahaha! he said "Jail Hack".. hahaha!!! Cause your soooooooooooooooooooo high speed!!...ahahaha "Jail Hack"..you kill me! I love that term...

With one exception the replies are from retards.

To the Jailers: You work in the jail. What did you expect?? And I recall none of the gadgets on your belts back then, no tasers, and handed down revolvers. Yeah you get nothing, God.

To the others: Anyone that thinks we had it better then is just brain damaged. I mean, are you really that stupid?

We can't spend or invest gadgets.

Wow, look at you guys and gals going at each other again and again and again. Use your own thouhgts for once. To the first post. I guess when you started here gas was $1.00 a gallon and so on and so on. It's called progression. The problem with all the negitivity on this board always seem to come from people who just wont get out of the past, so I tell you STOP LIVING IN THE PAST AND START LIVING FOR THE FUTURE. Oh and by the way most of the toys you talked about are payed for by graant money not our budget, duh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast