(Chief?)Nancy Newland
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(Chief?)Nancy Newland

I still haven't seen anything in regards to what Nancy Newland from PJC police will be doing for Morgan. Heard possibly Chief (look out, Chavers!), but what are the requirements. Anything other than rent-a-cop experience and she's out. This is from a very reliable source that she is IN!!

Member LEO Affairs Detective

Re: (Chief?)Nancy Newland

Quote Originally Posted by guesswhat
    I still haven't seen anything in regards to what Nancy Newland from PJC police will be doing for Morgan. Heard possibly Chief (look out, Chavers!), but what are the requirements. Anything other than rent-a-cop experience and she's out. This is from a very reliable source that she is IN!!
    The funny thing is that when I read this post it just rang true somehow. BC is a good cop with a pro-cop bias. He would be for us and would attempt to shield us from upstairs; these things are incongruous with what we suspect of Morgan. I think Morgan would try to bring in someone from the outside who would present a less "law-enforcement" face and Chief Newland would seem about right. Chief Newland is accomplished in many aspects of law enforcement and crisis intervention but I do not know if she would be the chief deputy we would want to act as the Executive Officer in our para-military organization.

I think you guys should have posted these comments under the thread “Promises”. Will somebody who knows the Chief please call her and verify it.
    I find her too intelligent to have fallen for the Morgan lies. She knows that if the voters get it wrong and vote McMorgan in, it will be and utter failure for the Sheriff and the Chief Deputy. She knows that anybody brought in by McMorgan will not be welcomed to our department.
    Chief you have a distinguished career at PJC do not make the mistake of falling for a man who will lie and make empty promises to the voters. Please listen to the law enforcement community: WE DO NOT WANT MORGAN AS OUR SHERIFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I think you guys should have posted these comments under the thread “Promises”. Will somebody who knows the Chief please call her and verify it.
    I find her too intelligent to have fallen for the Morgan lies. She knows that if the voters get it wrong and vote McMorgan in, it will be and utter failure for the Sheriff and the Chief Deputy. She knows that anybody brought in by McMorgan will not be welcomed to our department.
    Chief you have a distinguished career at PJC do not make the mistake of falling for a man who will lie and make empty promises to the voters. Please listen to the law enforcement community: WE DO NOT WANT MORGAN AS OUR SHERIFF.

Ditto!

Chief Newland is a GREAT leader and deserves respect. Any LEO should be proud to have the privilege to serve under her. I know, because I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Doesn't Matter
    Chief Newland is a GREAT leader and deserves respect. Any LEO should be proud to have the privilege to serve under her. I know, because I have.
    As long as she serves at PJC.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    As long as she serves at PJC.

What ever. ECSO Deputies deserve to keep being ruled by people of the past and never promote outside ideas. Let me remind ya'll that the Sheriff position is an administrative position. He doesn't need to know how to work the streets. His job is to keep your jobs, and to make things operate smoothly. I can't wait till Morgan takes office!!!!! Bunch of cry babies her in Escambia. And all the talk of people jumping ship when Morgan is elected, ya right. I doubt anyone would leave. No where to go. No one is hiring!

Let me remind ya'll that the Sheriff position is an administrative position. He doesn't need to know how to work the streets. His job is to keep your jobs, and to make things operate smoothly.
    We are quite well aware of the administrative function of the Office of Sheriff. We are concerned that in that function will be someone who does not possess the experience to be objective in his appraisal of our actions on the street. If I have to shoot someone because they were charging me with a knife, someone is going to have to decide if I was within policy. I want someone who has been in similar situations to judge my actions. If I am in a pursuit with a serial rapist and am involved in a crash I want someone who has been in a pursuit a few times to judge my actions. If I tell someone to pound sand because they just don't understand anything else I have told them for 15 fruitless minutes I want someone who has been there and done that to judge my actions.

Larry Scapecchi has been in my shoes and I believe will be more objective than David Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueman
    Let me remind ya'll that the Sheriff position is an administrative position. He doesn't need to know how to work the streets. His job is to keep your jobs, and to make things operate smoothly.
    We are quite well aware of the administrative function of the Office of Sheriff. We are concerned that in that function will be someone who does not possess the experience to be objective in his appraisal of our actions on the street. If I have to shoot someone because they were charging me with a knife, someone is going to have to decide if I was within policy. I want someone who has been in similar situations to judge my actions. If I am in a pursuit with a serial rapist and am involved in a crash I want someone who has been in a pursuit a few times to judge my actions. If I tell someone to pound sand because they just don't understand anything else I have told them for 15 fruitless minutes I want someone who has been there and done that to judge my actions.

Larry Scapecchi has been in my shoes and I believe will be more objective than David Morgan.
    Blue,

You say Larry has been in your shoes and believe that he would be more objective that David Morgan. I ask you; did you ever work for Larry? Have you ever reviewed any of the reports that he wrote? What do you personally know about Larry's career? Have you ever sat down with David Morgan one on one and addressed your concerns with him?

I eagerly await your reply!

I never worked for Larry but I have some familiarity with his work. I know he has been a patrol deputy and that he has been in or involved with each of the critical incidents I described above.

As far as one-on-one with Morgan, no I have not. I did go to hear him speak once and I had some differences with what he was proposing. I think he doesn't really have the grasp that he thinks he does in regards to the issues faced within the department.

Do I think Morgan is a harbinger of the apocalypse? No, but I do think there does exist a better choice than he in this race.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast