What's up with Doral?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What's up with Doral?

What's going on with Doral PD? I heard that a few of their officers are looking to jump ship already. :-0 Feel free to fill us in, please.

Re: What's up with Doral?

What is going on? Simple is called economy of scales! Doral, in spite its affluent tax base cannot; perhaps the city’s elected and appointed officers do not want to pay for Coral Gables type police services after all. From what is coming out, don’t be surprised if Doral turns into another Village of Pinecrest. The fact is Miami-Dade County could have retained its policing contract had the County met Doral half way, but of course; arrogance prevailed – on both sides.

Perhaps this potential gathering storm has a silver lining to what should be taking place and soon. MDPD officers, concerned with their tenure at MDPD and their eventual FRS retirement, should seriously consider marshalling a petition to put on the ballot the elected sheriff. Free from the strong mayor’s clutches, the elected sheriff could devote his or her energy to serving his or her constituents. God knows Carlos Alvarez’s chosen police director has done a rather poor job of it!

Ohhhhhhh ok. Gotcha! Thanks a lot for the heads-up, bro. Stay safe!

I still see you county guys working the streets of Doral. Making 10-50's and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I still see you county guys working the streets of Doral. Making 10-50's and such.
    That's right, Doral is just one more little city within Miami-Dade County, so we [MDPD] can be there and take enforcement action anywhere within the County. It's called COUNTYWIDE JURISDICTION!

EVEN ARREST MISCREANT MUNICIPAL COPS WHEN WE MUST!

That's right, Doral is just one more little city within Miami-Dade County, so we [MDPD] can be there and take enforcement action anywhere within the County. It's called COUNTYWIDE JURISDICTION!

EVEN ARREST MISCREANT MUNICIPAL COPS WHEN WE MUST!
    LAST I CHECKED YOU COUNTY CRONIES HAD A FEW MISCREANTS OF YOUR OWN!!!!! NOW DO US MUNICIPAL COPS A FAVOR AND ARREST YOUR FIDEL CASTRO MAYOR AND HIS TRICK KATHY SO WE CAN GET BACK TO THE BUISNESS AT HAND IN DADE COUNTY.

DORAL like CUBA, it has what it deserves. They wanted Fidel, they got Fidel!

1. Fidel Castro promised alot, but delivered little. Look at Cuba now!

2. The City is in for a huge eye awakening change with this new City Manager.

3. I am glad that $h*thead Ramos is gone, he was a TOTAL a$$hole. Egg on your face *Ricky*!

4. Lots of promises made to the initially hired polcie staff. Promotions, overtime, maybe even off duty, but no dice.

5. I like the way Doral made a joke of themselves in the police world by hiring sergeants without sgt experience (& a language barrier) and Lt's without Lt experience (or education). Then the officers that applied, who have sgt experience and the education were offered Officer slots?? go figure???

6. The next few weeks will be interesting in Doral (Stay Tuned) just like Tom & Jerry!

7. BTW, glad I'm brown!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 2

3. I am glad that $h*thead Ramos is gone, he was a TOTAL a$$hole. Egg on your face *Ricky*!

4. Lots of promises made to the initially hired polcie staff. Promotions, overtime, maybe even off duty, but no dice.

5. I like the way Doral made a joke of themselves in the police world by hiring sergeants without sgt experience (& a language barrier) and Lt's without Lt experience (or education). Then the officers that applied, who have sgt experience and the education were offered Officer slots?? go figure???

6. The next few weeks will be interesting in Doral (Stay Tuned) just like Tom & Jeinterview...

am a sgt with 30 yrs of experience in dade county,that guy Ramos wanted me to start as a po!!! i just walked out of the interview...

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 2

6. The next few weeks will be interesting in Doral (Stay Tuned) just like Tom & Jerry!

I feel bad about the guys in Doral PD. They hired some very QRU guys from other agencies and they were promissed a lot of s!hit and they got screwed. Doral will never be another pinecrest, the city is growing and they are taking over other areas from the County. Their Chief will be gone in no time and ones the get another Chief in there, things will change. . Guys they started their PO's with a bigger salary than we do to the ceritfied PO's that come to County. They have everything that we have same benefit , FRS, Take home car, etcs. Now for us the County guys we are losing all this big cities and whats going to happen to the County in 10 yrs GONE.

To the Doral guys have patient and hold on tied your PD will be a good PD to work for. Listen to an old guy that has seen other cities done the same thing and look at them now.

[quote=Old Brown]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guest 2":2y070ynh

I feel bad about the guys in Doral PD. They hired some very QRU guys from other agencies and they were promissed a lot of s!hit and they got screwed. Doral will never be another pinecrest, the city is growing and they are taking over other areas from the County. Their Chief will be gone in no time and ones the get another Chief in there, things will change. . Guys they started their PO's with a bigger salary than we do to the ceritfied PO's that come to County. They have everything that we have same benefit , FRS, Take home car, etcs. Now for us the County guys we are losing all this big cities and whats going to happen to the County in 10 yrs GONE.

To the Doral guys have patient and hold on tied your PD will be a good PD to work for. Listen to an old guy that has seen other cities done the same thing and look at them now.[/quote:2y070ynh]

OLD BROWN:

Relax;

The County PD will continue to function as it has. I just hope that the County starts to elect sheriff's. I tell you another story then!

As far as Ricky Gomez goes. Great Guy, good aministrator, great intentions, but no backing from City Hall. Rumor has it that he's just not getting the backing he was promised!

COMMANDER RAMOS is a total a$$. I'm glad he's gone too.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast