Take home vehicles

Take home vehicles

Does GPPD issue take home vehicles? If so/not how does the dept handle vehicle distribution?

Re: Take home vehicles

Could anyone be so kind as to anwser this simple question? Not tring to stir up any trouble just new to the area and wondering.

Lieutenants and on-call detectives are assigned take-home vehicles regardless of residence location. They may be used for personal business with certain restrictions. Patrol personnel are assigned vehicles which they share with one other officer (one day officer and one night officer per vehicle), but they cannot take the cars home.

This will no doubt be a subject of the next collective bargaining session.

Talking Re: Take home vehicles

Never going to happen! Gulfport Officers can't drive that's why they drive a POS

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Lieutenants and on-call detectives are assigned take-home vehicles regardless of residence location. They may be used for personal business with certain restrictions. Patrol personnel are assigned vehicles which they share with one other officer (one day officer and one night officer per vehicle), but they cannot take the cars home.

Do you work at GPD? That is not how patrol vehicles are assigned. Day shift squads share cars and night shift squads share cars. I believe this process is intended to prevent the vehicles from being on the road for 24 hours.

Bike cop: There are cops that drive like crap everywhere. Please stop being a bitter ex-employee. Are you not happy where you are? You've moved on - make the transition complete. :lol:

Here Here. I thought Pasco had there own board anyway. What gives 59?

Here Here. I thought Pasco had there own board anyway. What gives 59?
    Wow fellas what's it been a few years now and you are trying to blame me for stirring your pot? I got nothin but respect for ya'll and keep in touch with a few of my comrads such as Burk and the triple nickle and I always ask about Tommy, mean Gene, Stoney, AJ, Frank, and Francine.

My question is why would I get involved in YOUR take home car issue? Trust me my friends I don't want to be a part of this negativity, I got better stuff to do, and have moved on but still have my good memories of the old crew.

Please keep me and my old number out of this, if any one wants to talk about it or just shoot the crap give me a call my PX number has never changed.

Not to change the subject but congrats to the new Sgt, I never really worked with you but heard many good things.

Well guys take it easy down there and don't be strangers.

Hope your doing well over there buddy. It's been a while.

I remember one of our first calls out of the fto program. Do you remember we were checking a "vacant" apartment on 53 just south of 15, midnight shift. We found like three people squating inside the house. When a young b/m answered the door he gave us a bs line on why he was there. The dude took one look at you with your black leather gloves, with your arm resting on your 9mm and he immeidately slammed the door in our faces. We spent the next half our or so tracking down a key for the apartment. We were able to get in and we found a bunch of 80 green....Good times.

My fondest memorie is the night in front of the french restaurant. Mike, Howard, Stoney, Mike T. and I where there. The outcome was one loud mouth bad guy with a partially missing ear and stoney deploying spray for the first time and being called an explorer by the bad guy.

Thanks