OVERTIME

Thread: OVERTIME

Unhappy OVERTIME

I have looked all over DOL and can't find any regulation of overtime pay?
    I work for a department, that if you work overtime in a month and take
    anytime off, vacation etc., they take your overtime pay. It's not in the same pay period either. They wait till the end of the month to pay you overtime, so they
    can yank it. Also we are on standby for two weeks at a time, and only get paid
    if we come in, but have to be in within two hours. Any help to were to get this infor,
    would be greatly appreciate!

Re: OVERTIME

Its all covered in the fair labor and standards act. You can find the info you need by going to the office of compliance website and click on the links until you find the exact info you want.

Below is the link to the FLSA office of compliance website.

http://www.dol.gov/compliance/laws/comp-flsa.htm

Thanks, that helped alot!

I came from the mid west a small size Sheriff's Dept. I got a job in west coast of South Florida and was shocked when I found out after being hired that we work a 86 hour pay period for a two week time frame and only get over time if we go over the 86 hrs. Vacation time and sick time does not count towards the 86 hours. If you take a week vacation and work 76 hours the next week you get straight time for the 76 hours and the vacation time.

none of the ads or info given by the agency talked or explained the 86 hour bs..

work as many d''s as possible and don't take off.... only way to make some $$$.

In GA we work an 80 hour week, but if we go over, we are forced to take comp time instead of being payed overtime. Sometimes I might work 130 hours in a pay period, not one cent is paid to me in overtime.
    SWAT call out on your off day!, not one cent, they just give us comp time the next week, usually on some day I have court and have to be in without pay anyways.
    Anyone know a good lawyer?

OVERTIME I found out after being hired that we work a 86 hour pay period for a two week time frame and only get over time if we go over the 86 hrs. Vacation time and sick time does not count towards the 86 hours. If you take a week vacation and work 76 hours the next week you get straight time for the 76 hours and the vacation time. :devil: