Yearly Fitness Test
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Yearly Fitness Test

For those who did not believe it, the current paa qualification course is being done away with per the Chief. ALL sworn personnel will now be required to pass a military oriented run and excercises. This was confirmed by several instructors. My guess is that it will be a mile and 1/2 run. I wonder when they were going to let people know......maybe at the last minute like they did the applicants for Det and Master Dep. Than again, they must run a two 1/2 mile run with excercises................. :?

Re: Yearly Fitness Test

Oh well, looks like I'm retiring earlier than I expected.

Good luck on your retirement..maybe you can work at a florist or something panzy. This office has never asked for anything that any capable cop couldn't perform. Most other agencies have MUCH stricter physical fitness requirements. Its about time we tightened up.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    For those who did not believe it, the current paa qualification course is being done away with per the Chief. ALL sworn personnel will now be required to pass a military oriented run and excercises. This was confirmed by several instructors. My guess is that it will be a mile and 1/2 run. I wonder when they were going to let people know......maybe at the last minute like they did the applicants for Det and Master Dep. Than again, they must run a two 1/2 mile run with excercises................. :?
    Don't you just love folks who start rumors?

The chief cannot "do away with" the STATE DEFINED paa test. He might ADD some more stuff of his own preference but the LEGAL MINIMUM will continue to be the paa.

He might use his additional stuff to restrict assignments, promotions, etc. but he can't use it as a basis for firing anyone.

Ho hum...............

Quote Originally Posted by Waaah
    Good luck on your retirement..maybe you can work at a florist or something panzy. This office has never asked for anything that any capable cop couldn't perform. Most other agencies have MUCH stricter physical fitness requirements. Its about time we tightened up.

You are so cute, youngster. I can't wait to see what happens when you have put in decades working somewhere and they start using methods to eliminate YOU. Let's see what you have to say then. As far as LUCK on my retirement, I don't need it, I've prepared well. Hope you enjoy being screwed by this administration throughout the rest of your career.

Most other agencies have MUCH stricter physical fitness requirements.
    Would you care to cite those agencies? I know of none.

From the scuttlebutt I've heard we are going back to the cooper method. From some of the old-timers I've talked to this was done here in the past. The copper exam has been modified in the recent years so it will not be the same as we had in the past, but will be similar.

It is simple guys and gals, if you are not in shape, get in shape. Nobody is saying you need to be a fitness champ, but just be in shape. It's your health and your responsible for it. It may be my life, your life or a friend of your's life that may depend on your fitness level.

From the scuttlebutt I've heard we are going back to the cooper method. From some of the old-timers I've talked to this was done here in the past. The copper exam has been modified in the recent years so it will not be the same as we had in the past, but will be similar.

It is simple guys and gals, if you are not in shape, get in shape. Nobody is saying you need to be a fitness champ, but just be in shape. It's your health and your responsible for it. It may be my life, your life or a friend of your's life that may depend on your fitness level.

What do you mean nobody is saying you need to be a fitness champ? What do you call a 2.5 mile run combined with numerous circus acts? I agree that we could all use to be in better shape and don't have a problem with. I DO have a problem with selective enforcement of the fitness standards for jobs, or at least A JOB.."detective" that does not involve the assignment at all. What the chief is asking of this selective group is excessive and if EVERYONE had to do it, you would understand. This is crap in it's purest form. As soon as the union was voted out they start screwing with peoples jobs. Real nice. This is what we all get for showing support to the office. Thanks sheriff!!!!!!!

Yes, we are all waiting for this list of area agencies that require anything close???....Uh cricket....cricket....cricket

Yes, we are all waiting for this list of area agencies that require anything close???....Uh cricket....cricket....cricket

I can name some.

The Navy Seals
    The Green Berets
    The British SAS
    Israeli Special Forces

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast