Mike units?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike units?

Mike units?

I hear the "Mike" units on our channel & wondered what specialized unit they are?

Re: Mike units?

They are in the roam around finding paperwork for zone guys squad. You won't hear them pipe up to handle a paper call in your zone but they'll surely arrive as a back up to catch the bad guy for you.

At least they catch the bad guys! :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    What is this little devil guy: :devil:

Are we going to hell for using him?

What is this little devil guy: :devil:

Are we going to hell for using him?
    I am not sure who or what he is, but he sure is kinda cute!

yeah...TR catching those bad guys right ?

and how do the others find enough time in the day ? i mean going to all the home owner's meetings, towing around the speed trailers, and any other stoopid project their leader LT pb (lower case on purpose) tells them !!

catching bad guys.....now thats funny !

They are in the roam around finding paperwork for zone guys squad. You won't hear them pipe up to handle a paper call in your zone but they'll surely arrive as a back up to catch the bad guy for you.
    it happened again today. mike unit goes after someone with a warrant and tases him. road officer ends up spending over 4 hours taking the guy to the hospital and to jail. suv squad rules. mike units are awesome.

I dont understand this either. Sure they have their important projects (i.e. barking dogs, parking complaints and the usual neighborhood speeders) but otherwise theyre not assigned to a zone and dont have to be responsible for calls. WHy do they continually shaft the already short handed road units by having them clean and finish up their business. The road gets stuck with the arrest, transport and clearance while the mike units peddle off into the sunset. This should be addressed.....

:devil: <----just for fun

I take it that your MIKE units are Street Crimes. The rule should be "you catch it, you clean it" :cop:

Quote Originally Posted by PD neighbor to the North.
    I take it that your MIKE units are Street Crimes. The rule should be "you catch it, you clean it" :cop:
    No, they're "Community Oriented Policing" units.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast