Hiring Process.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiring Process.

Hiring Process.

Got a letter to do the fitness and swim up in Jupiter. The next step would obviously be interview up north. Where do they conduct the psychs and meds? thanks guys

Re: Hiring Process.

All of the medical testing (medical exam, eye, urinalysis) can be done by your doctor. We will send you the forms to take to your physician or lab. We're changing our procedure on psych testing, so I can't tell you where it will be done. Good luck!

Hey thanks for your time and response I really appricate it.

Listen, the job is awesome. Like many others I am leaving only because I can no longer afford to stand by and let my family do without. Do yourself a favor and do not let anyone in the hiring process bully you into going somewere other than where you want to end up. Get a firm offer that states exactly where you will be stationed with the residency requirement. If it forces you to move then walk away. The financial and emotional burden is too much in the day and age. There's an old feeling of "I had to do it, so should all the new guys" in many ofthe old timers.

During the pre-employment interview we ask people where they would like to be assigned. Over half get assigned to the county they request. We just offered jobs to 31 applicants and 20 were offered positions in the county they requested as their first choice. That said, our priority vacancies are mostly in the southern counties with a few mid-state. There are few if any vacancies in the north and panhandle counties. If you are offered a position, you will be told up front where you will be assigned. The decision to accept that position is up to you at that point. Good luck!

I have nothing but respect for fish and game. There job is to protect the resources that i have grown to love. I can see myself doing the same. I have an AA in criminal justice and am doing my bachelors right now. I am looking foward to the testing day and the rest of the process. I live in broward and would like to work here or dade and even monroe. I truly feel you on the pay aspect as most of you do have families to support and I commend your maturity and attitude when it comes to making sure your family is top priority. Hoping to god i get this, i have always wanted to work for FWC.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest456
    I have nothing but respect for fish and game. There job is to protect the resources that i have grown to love. I can see myself doing the same. I have an AA in criminal justice and am doing my bachelors right now. I am looking foward to the testing day and the rest of the process. I live in broward and would like to work here or dade and even monroe. I truly feel you on the pay aspect as most of you do have families to support and I commend your maturity and attitude when it comes to making sure your family is top priority. Hoping to god i get this, i have always wanted to work for FWC.
    4 openings in Broward
    4 in Dade
    6 in Monroe
    You should have no problem going to those counties

Does anyone know of openings in Pasco, Pinellas or Hernando Counties?

Quote Originally Posted by ???????
    Does anyone know of openings in Pasco, Pinellas or Hernando Counties?
    There are openings everywhere in south Florida. Just make sure you get it in writing that you will go exactly where you need to before hiring on.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest456

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast