academy info

Thread: academy info

academy info

If hired by the Sheriff's office, do they assign a car right then or do they wait. If you are going to the academy, do they allow you to take a unit?

Re: academy info

You don't get a car during the academy. You usually get a car assigned to you right before your ghost period in FTO.

If MCSO is asking if available to attend an earlier academy, does that mean a person is pretty much hired if they are sponsoring them?

Unhappy Re: academy info

Are we sponsoring for the academy for road positions? I was under the impression that we were not.....that is interesting. Although I am obviously out of commission now anyway for it that is something to think about in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni
    Are we sponsoring for the academy for road positions? I was under the impression that we were not.....that is interesting. Although I am obviously out of commission now anyway for it that is something to think about in the future.
    dont work here unless you like getting called out on your must needed day off for comp time....NO OT HERE

I am use to working all the time and I don't mind working since this is what i love to do. Well i got sponsored and hired as of Monday. I am excited about starting work there. I am having troubles finding somewhere to rent though unless someone has any suggestions or knows someone who is renting a place.

Smile Re: academy info

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    If MCSO is asking if available to attend an earlier academy, does that mean a person is pretty much hired if they are sponsoring them?
    Your hired as long as you do well in the academy and pass your certification. Don't get caught up in BS while in the academy, do what your suppose to do, it's just a game. They are going to try and push you to your breaking point, know in your head it is just a game...... Don't be a know it all in there either, nobody likes a know it all....... You don't know anything yet, believe me when I tell you this. This is not some episode of COPS..... Good luck... :P