$$$ for equipment ...none for Troopers!

$$$ for equipment ...none for Troopers!

Question- I noticed that FHP spent alot of time/ money conducting research on the new lights bars, and probably has outfitted 90% of the fleet. I like the lights bar....but i cant stand the RED!
    That was a tradition they should not have changed

It always seems ( from the outside lookin IN) that FHP is always getting some type of new equipement for their cars ( Push Bars, LED/ slick tops, Mauraders, GPS, louder siren, video, Camaros, Chargers etc)....

My department is a great department but they dont even come close to offering that type/ amount of equipment to our traffic units.

Why does FHP choose to neglect the TROOP ( $$$, benefit, respect) to have a decked out CVPI UNIT with disgrauntled employees behind the wheel.

Serious Questions= Serious Responses

Re: $$$ for equipment ...none for Troopers!

Quote Originally Posted by mo money!
    Question- I noticed that FHP spent alot of time/ money conducting research on the new lights bars, and probably has outfitted 90% of the fleet. I like the lights bar....but i cant stand the RED!

It always seems ( from the outside lookin IN) that FHP is always getting some type of new equipement for their cars ( Push Bars, LED/ slick tops, Mauraders, GPS, louder siren, video, Camaros, Chargers etc)....

My department is a great department but they dont even come close to offering that type/ amount of equipment to our traffic units.

Why does FHP choose to neglect the TROOP ( $$$, benefit, respect) to have a decked out CVPI UNIT with disgrauntled employees behind the wheel.

Money for equipment and money from salary comes out of different budgets. They are allotted a certain amount for equipment, implementation of new equipment, testing of new equipment. In a separate budget are the allotments for salary. It's not that they're making a conscious decision to say, "ok, let's buy them the best stuff in the world at the expense of making them the poorest, in the world."

It's unfortunate, but it's great to have the equipment - people say they'd rather have the money. And while yes, I'm sure we could all use it.... I'd really like to optimize my chances of staying safe at work... and sometimes that means having newer, updated equipment. (Such as the red LED's on the lightbar). The red LED's are a safety measure that were implemented to help increase the visibility of units in the daytime hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Money for equipment and money from salary comes out of different budgets. They are allotted a certain amount for equipment, implementation of new equipment, testing of new equipment. In a separate budget are the allotments for salary. It's not that they're making a conscious decision to say, "ok, let's buy them the best stuff in the world at the expense of making them the poorest, in the world."

It's unfortunate, but it's great to have the equipment - people say they'd rather have the money. And while yes, I'm sure we could all use it.... I'd really like to optimize my chances of staying safe at work... and sometimes that means having newer, updated equipment. (Such as the red LED's on the lightbar). The red LED's are a safety measure that were implemented to help increase the visibility of units in the daytime hours.
    What a bogus response you just made.

When I came on I had the old Blue Bubble light was located in the center of the roof and had four bulbs in it. This light was visible 360 degrees.

The state needs to rethink all these needless equipment upgrades, AVL is being misused by Lieutenants and above and sorry to say even some Sergeants. Tasers have caused to many deaths so far, I could go on.

I find it funny how law enforcement stood the test of time for hundreds of years, then we started letting people in who in the past could not qualify to be a cop and now we have to have all these weapons, seems like Law Enforcement has really become a place for wimps who need to have power over the public and they hide behind all this high tech junk.

Todays new recruits a are bunch of wimps.

When I came on I had the old Blue Bubble light was located in the center of the roof and had four bulbs in it. This light was visible 360 degrees.

The state needs to rethink all these needless equipment upgrades, AVL is being misused by Lieutenants and above and sorry to say even some Sergeants. Tasers have caused to many deaths so far, I could go on.

I find it funny how law enforcement stood the test of time for hundreds of years, then we started letting people in who in the past could not qualify to be a cop and now we have to have all these weapons, seems like Law Enforcement has really become a place for wimps who need to have power over the public and they hide behind all this high tech junk.

Hey,

To the potential recruits.. don't listen to guys like this. Most likely he's not even a trooper. If he is, he's one that we see out who continually has the same strawberry jelly stain on his shirt, a bent up campaign hat, an unkept grayed mustache, and a wrinkled disheveled uniform.

He is afraid of change, probably complains about having to use his MDT, probably doesn't know how to use it, outside of SmartCop (Dispatching program). He came from the era when step plans were in place and makes more than the average trooper.

He's made his age obvious with his "when I came on..... one blue light, 4 bulbs"... blah blah blah.

If you're an intelligent person, I nor does anybody else have to explain the advantageous necessity of keeping up with the times and having to worry about liability, safety and the increasing rate of violence against police officers.

Stay focused on your career goals. If this is what you want. Go get it.

Serious Questions= Serious Responses[/quote]

__________________________________________________ _________

:? Why does a simple question to FELLOW LEO's always seem to lead towards disrespect toward others ie. ( FHP vs. FHP) ops:
    Cant we all just get along!

The point of the posting is that FHP/ FL/ Government is focusing on the wrong issue. It makes no scene to issue brand new equipement and give it to a Trooper with low moral because FHP refuses to put food on the table!

Family FIRST!.....who pays for daycare....than u can understand!

oh no Grandpa is back!!!

Grandpa thinks he knows it all and its 1939. :roll:

Hey,

To the potential recruits.. don't listen to guys like this. Most likely he's not even a trooper. If he is, he's one that we see out who continually has the same strawberry jelly stain on his shirt, a bent up campaign hat, an unkept grayed mustache, and a wrinkled disheveled uniform.

He is afraid of change, probably complains about having to use his MDT, probably doesn't know how to use it, outside of SmartCop (Dispatching program). He came from the era when step plans were in place and makes more than the average trooper.

He's made his age obvious with his "when I came on..... one blue light, 4 bulbs"... blah blah blah.

If you're an intelligent person, I nor does anybody else have to explain the advantageous necessity of keeping up with the times and having to worry about liability, safety and the increasing rate of violence against police officers.

Stay focused on your career goals. If this is what you want. Go get it.
    Agree! Grandpa is lost in space.

The Code 3s are being changed to have a red/blue combo 24-7 rather than the current all reds during the day.