LAMBERTI HAS DISTRICT CHIEFS DISTRIBUTE SIGNS - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: LAMBERTI HAS DISTRICT CHIEFS DISTRIBUTE SIGNS

I have a sign in front of my house and soon all of my neighbors will too. For the first time in a long time, I am proud of BSO and the direction we are taking. And so are my peers. In the district that I work in, morale has never been better. Everyone enjoys coming to work, and we have this thing formerly unknown called "esprit de corps". I heard that Israel said at the candidate forum that morale at BSO is at an all time low. ops: The only ones who have low morale are the people that are running around trying to stir things up against Al. Al Lamberti is a good man and his loyal friends and employees will do everything we can to help him get elected. Then, we can get back to the business of law enforcement. :lol: See ya.

PS- Get me another 20 signs.

As an XO, I can tell you that we all feel pressure to not only stroke checks but take signs. I was handed signs (not even asked) and threw 4 of them in my open fire pit.

no way lamberti will win this.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyMan
    As an XO, I can tell you that we all feel pressure to not only stroke checks but take signs. I was handed signs (not even asked) and threw 4 of them in my open fire pit.

My sign fits perfect in the bottom of the family bird cage!!!!

What a shame that an XO has no nerve to stand up for himself. I am embarressed to say I have the same position as you and you are the reason we all in command get a bad name. No one is pressured to do anything.....no one was forced to take signs. if that was true then they missed my district. Yes, I gave to the campaign fund not out of pressure but because I'm supporting the best man......NO, Im happy with my position and not looking to give money to get a better position.....so, you can stop that thought before you mention it

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

What a shame that an XO has no nerve to stand up for himself. I am embarressed to say I have the same position as you and you are the reason we all in command get a bad name. No one is pressured to do anything.....no one was forced to take signs. if that was true then they missed my district. Yes, I gave to the campaign fund not out of pressure but because I'm supporting the best man......NO, Im happy with my position and not looking to give money to get a better position.....so, you can stop that thought before you mention it
    I am ashamed too. I am an XO and gave money because Al is the right man for the job. It is even more shameful that people will not vote for the best man because he has an R after his name instead of a D. Let's ask the Democrats something....if the Republican candidate was a 30 year law enforcement officer who rose through the ranks of BSO and the Democratic candidate was CoCo the monkey.....who would you vote for? The answer is obvious and sad. I know Al is working 18 hour days because he wants to do the right thing for the agency. If the Democrats vote for CoCo...our agency will be doomed.

Ok, I am not involved with BSO except being a county tax paying resident but after reading the comments on this forum I felt that I needed to express my opinions.
    First, I researched a few things and it is illegal and unethical for the Sheriff to have people campaign for him while on duty so to me that sounds like Lamberti is somewhat corrupt.
    Second, for the comment to someone to leave the agency if he didn't like what he saw... that is completely unrealistic. You know that you cannot just pick up and leave a profession, especially with seniority, just because you don't like what you see. Remember that these deputies have to put food on the table for their families and leaving is not an option. Therefore Lamberti is placing these deputies in a really tough spot. If these deputies want to support someone they can do it off duty, off tax payers money and not be pressured into it.
    Third, I agree with the post that it does sound like some employees are trying to prove to Lamberti that they support them to keep their job and possibly acknowledge them for advancement. In other words, they are paying off the Sheriff to get promoted. Again this sounds unethical but in the world of politics-it happens.
    Fourth, to the poster who keeps making fun of those who have typos, get over it and ridicule yourself when you make your mistakes. If you have nothing intelligent to say except call someone a moron for a typo, then go do something productive like beat off to a Hanah Montana episode.
    I'm sure Isreal would have his employees do the same but he hasn't had the chance so right now I do blame Lamberti. It sounds like to me that his own employees don't like him so I will have to say I will not vote for him. Thank you employees for expressing your true feelings and letting the public know what really goes on inside this agency. Please be careful out there and know that there are people on this side that does appreciate what you do. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by County Resident
    Ok, I am not involved with BSO except being a county tax paying resident but after reading the comments on this forum I felt that I needed to express my opinions.
    First, I researched a few things and it is illegal and unethical for the Sheriff to have people campaign for him while on duty so to me that sounds like Lamberti is somewhat corrupt.
    Second, for the comment to someone to leave the agency if he didn't like what he saw... that is completely unrealistic. You know that you cannot just pick up and leave a profession, especially with seniority, just because you don't like what you see. Remember that these deputies have to put food on the table for their families and leaving is not an option. Therefore Lamberti is placing these deputies in a really tough spot. If these deputies want to support someone they can do it off duty, off tax payers money and not be pressured into it.
    Third, I agree with the post that it does sound like some employees are trying to prove to Lamberti that they support them to keep their job and possibly acknowledge them for advancement. In other words, they are paying off the Sheriff to get promoted. Again this sounds unethical but in the world of politics-it happens.
    Fourth, to the poster who keeps making fun of those who have typos, get over it and ridicule yourself when you make your mistakes. If you have nothing intelligent to say except call someone a moron for a typo, then go do something productive like beat off to a Hanah Montana episode.
    I'm sure Isreal would have his employees do the same but he hasn't had the chance so right now I do blame Lamberti. It sounds like to me that his own employees don't like him so I will have to say I will not vote for him. Thank you employees for expressing your true feelings and letting the public know what really goes on inside this agency. Please be careful out there and know that there are people on this side that does appreciate what you do. Thank you.
    GOOD POST THANKS.

Quote Originally Posted by County Resident
    Just wanted to point out a few things. First of all, not telling you or anyone who to vote for, heck not even sure who I am going to vote for yet, but I sure hope you aren't entirely basing casting your vote on subject matter that you read here. Because for the most part, it is by anonymous posters and it may or may not be true. Likewise, for that matter, even when someone does post their "name" no proof that that is that person, either.
    And I know as a "county tax paying resident" you pay our salaries, etc., but not sure why civilians like to point out that they are taxpayers. Aren't we all? Unless you are a tax-evader, here illegally or some other type of lawbreaker we all pay taxes. In fact, some of us more than others.

It's me again, I was curious to know what responses I would get. But no I did not base my decision on this website, that would be foolish. However I have been reading a lot of negative news articles this past year, a lot of lawsuits mentioned and I watched Lamberti a while ago at a debate and I have to say he was awful and not very convincing. It was almost like he could not answer the question or couldn't make a decision. To me that was the beginning of the end. I actually began this year with the intentions of voting for Lamberti but he himself proved to me otherwise. This website just helped me be more confident in my decision.
    Second, I know you guys pay taxes too, that is not the issue. The issue is that you are not getting paid to campaign for Lamberti. Instead of going out posting signs you should be backing each other up so there are less deaths. I know your job is a lot harder than us, the public, knows about but from our point of view, handing out signs is just not right.

Again I do want to express my gratitude to all of you in uniform, thank you and God bless.

To the county resident, thanks for an intelligent post. I will tell you another side of this that rarely seems to get told. I have worked for BSO for 22 years. I am a cop, nothing more or less. My day to day consists of hours of boredom punctuated by moments of excitement, fear, terror, sadness, etc. I joined BSO when I was 22 years old and right out of the military. Like most young guys, I had no clue about politics, elections, etc. I have worked through Sheriffs Navarro, Cochran, and Jenne. I was promoted under each of them. Not because I campaigned for them, but because I took tests, stayed out of trouble, and did a pretty good job. Sadly, all of these sheriffs had major flaws. Navarro was (and still is) a good guy, but surrounded himself with major idiots and loved the media too much. Cochran was a space cadet who brought in a bunch of cronies who almost destroyed our agency. Jenne, what can I say. He is in prison, and caused grief and heartache for every member of this outfit. Now, finally, after 22 long years, we have a leader to believe in. A career cop, started at the bottom, ended at the top. Honest to a fault. Nice as they come. Sincere. Knows the agency, the county, and has nothing gain by this election. He could retire and get paid more than 100K per year to stay home. He battled a major health issue, yet returns out of his sense of duty to this organization. We are supporting him out of our sense of survival. Finally a chance for an honest, corruption free boss. The whole system sucks. We should not have to vote for a boss, sheriff, chief of police, whatever. But given that this is how it is, we have to live our careers in 4 year increments, always hoping that the right guy will get in office. Al Lamberti IS the right guy, I have known him my whole career. He was as genuine as a sergeant as he is as sheriff. Israel is the wrong guy. Not bashing him, but he is not what we need. Another outsider who will come in and turn the place on its ass. We are happy employees now, and want to keep it that way. The words corruption and Lamberti should never be in the same sentence. In closing, look who is supporting him. The vast majority of the law enforcement community (I would say 95%) the PBA, firefighters, so many democrats that I talk to, etc. He is the man. I have nothing to gain, I am where I will be now as I will when I retire in a few short years. I just want to see this agency rise to greatness again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast