Who Shot the Dog? and Tased the 13 Year Old? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Who Shot the Dog? and Tased the 13 Year Old?

How about a link to the department policy on deadly force. Was this justified use? Who declared the dog a pit bull? Maybe a link to the police report would clear it up. All I see posted here are opinions and third hand information. If your going to take the time to reply bring facts not smoke and mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    How about a link to the department policy on deadly force. Was this justified use? Who declared the dog a pit bull? Maybe a link to the police report would clear it up. All I see posted here are opinions and third hand information. If your going to take the time to reply bring facts not smoke and mirrors.
    I do not work for the department involved don't even live in the area anymore, just try to stay informed about a place where I used to work.

But I can tell you that where I work now with the limited information I have heard and read about the incident, the use of lethal force in that situation is justified. If this thing goes to trial wish I could be on the jury..

I do not work for the department involved don't even live in the area anymore, just try to stay informed about a place where I used to work.

But I can tell you that where I work now with the limited information I have heard and read about the incident, the use of lethal force in that situation is justified. If this thing goes to trial wish I could be on the jury..
    Sounds like you don't belong on a jury at all. You have read or heard limited information and already made up your mind. That's exactly the wrong type of person who needs to be on a jury.

The people that need to be on a jury are those that are waiting to here all of the sides of the incident before making up their minds.

I'm glad you left Perry. I'm sorry some other agency picked you up. If you can't wait until you here all sides of an incident before making up your mind, you are going to be making some serious mistakes throughout your career.

This is the text of the Letter to the Editor for those who have not read it.

Dear Editor:

Knock, knock you can't come in. I am terribly upset at how the Taylor County police and the sheriff's office conducted themselves on June 25.

While I was at work, my children were at home. You knocked on my door never asking it there was an adult at home or showing any kind of paperwork for you to just enter my home. Before I even got home, while the animal control stood idly by, you shot the family dog named Cocoa, that is a lab and not a pit as you claimed. She never bit anyone but you lied and said she did bite you before. Cocoa ran inside to get shelter but you dragged her out in spite of the fact that she was already bleeding to death. I saw her eyes rolling to the back of her head, yet animal control still put a noose around her neck and tightened the grip while she was gasping for air. I knew she was gone.

Cocoa was a playful loving protector of my children like a K-9 who protects his fellow officer, but she was better. She was not taught to protect. She did it out of love for her family. I vow o get justice for her so that she did not die in vain.

You tased my son who is only 13 years old, whose only crime was trying to save his beloved Cocoa and then you charged him with resisting arrest. You pulled a gun on my 15-year-old that was walking up to his room. He was not armed or dangerous, yet you treated him like he was a wanted criminal. Even a murder gets more respect than you gave him.

Your traumatized my two younger children! They will never be the same again after seeing you shoot their beloved Cocoa. To those who stood by and did nothing or to those who are reading this: this could have been your home, your children and your family dog.

We miss you Cocoa and thank you for saving your family. It could have been one of us that got shot instead you. All this could have had a better ending if you all had used common sense and Cocoa would still be here today.

A little bit of advice from me to all the officers who were there: You want respect from us or the community? Respect is not automatic because you have a badge! You have to earn the respect like everyone else.

To those who hear me, help me make a stand.
    From TACO Times September 3, 2008

The person that wrote that letter to the editor had a clear anti-police slant, the truth is:
    Officers went to the residence ( a pay by the day motel) to question suspects about some houses that were burglarized. The upstanding citizens inside pushed a pit bull mix not a lab out the door toward the officers. The dog caught one of the officers in the leg, officer 1 was able to kick him away and the loving non-violent dog charged another officer bearing teeth. The other officer saw that the loving animal had just bitten a fellow officer and decided to recklessly shoot the dog to keep from getting bitten as well.

The officers acted properly and there was no hint of negligent action. Sorry for the sarcasm in the post but all the frivolous complaints are starting to chap my A%&.

If this is the case, how is it that they had Animal Control with them? I don't believe that they take Animal Control with them every time they go to question Burglary Suspects. Maybe if they were going to question "Cat Burglars".....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12