our pay checks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: our pay checks

Post our pay checks

what does every one think about getting paid every two weeks? If we had a union and a contact this would not happen. Thank you Mr. whatford. I bet him or any other council member knows what its like to live paycheck to paycheck. How do you like the way it was kept quit until they vote?

Re: our pay checks

no no no, we're too small for the pba to help us out any. what could they possibly offer us? how about protection from this type of treatment from city hall.

for what its worth your right ....the union probably would not have done anything about raises or concerns that we have because of the size of the department.....i'll agree with that....but at least the council would have known that we do have concerns... i would love for the council to take a ride with us some night to see what we have to deal with...the lack of respect we recieve on a day to day basis.....

Dont you realize that they all live in a fairy tale where this is just a small cow town and nothing happens here. How many times have u gone to a call where the vehicle or home is left unlocked because they have lived here for 30 years and never had a problem. Times have changed and the outlook of the mighty round table has not. If you have never been in a union or used one then you dont know how it works. Once you have a contract that the union set up for you with the city, they con not make changes on when you get your check. How much intrest will they make off of your money?

They wont make anymore money than we will save turning our cars off when on a call. But I would much rather turn my car off to save money than get paid every two weeks.

Lightbulb Re: our pay checks

when i'm all :cop: in their rearview they're all :shock: and then i walk up and i'm all :x and they're all :| and then they come back with a 49 and i'm all :devil: and then they're all :cry: but i'm all 8) . ya know what i mean?

MAN!!!!! that was the funniest thing i have seen in a while!!!!!!!!Oh my god!!!!

GOOD ONE.

is it just me, or is it not THAT big of a deal that we're going to start getting paid every two weeks? personally, my finances are not so out of whack that i can't do some shuffling of billing dates to make it by just fine. i don't think that any of us are eating cup-o-soup for dinner every night because we're poor. i don't think that any of us drive a p.o.s. car. i don't think any of us don't have cable tv or a computer. i don't think that any of us are on food stamps. if you can't make it by on $32,000+ while getting paid every two weeks, you may need to shift some of your anger towards yourself.

Apparently you donot have children and I would love to bring home 32000.00 but after insurance, taxes, and the retirement that the city just lowed their contribution I bring home 22000.00. Just for disscusion sake a 1000.00 house payment month equals 12000.00 then 100.00 week on food is 5200.00 that leaves you 4800.00 to pay utilites,vehicle,phone, veh. insurance and anything else. Before you make those statements walk in someone's shoes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast