Call me when you are ready to be robbed

Call me when you are ready to be robbed

Chicago Police say no one could make this story up; a would-be-thief gave his victims his phone number.

An 18-year-old man entered a muffler shop in the 2600 block of North Laramie Avenue Monday and declared a robbery. He allegedly waved a gun around and demanded money, according to police.

When he was told the money was in a safe and that the manager that knew how to open it was not there, the suspect had a brilliant idea; at least he thought it was brilliant. He gave the shop employees his cell phone number and asked them to call him when the manager arrived so he could open the safe for him.

The man left and the employees opted to call 911. Authorities stationed plain clothes officers in the shop and called the would-be robber back. The suspect showed up again, waved his gun around again, but this time was shot in the leg by an officer.

The man had surgery at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center and is said to have suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

One officer with 20 years on the force, said this is one of the more "unusual" cases he's seen.

Re: Call me when you are ready to be robbed

WOW, I don't think I know of a story that stupid...

While working the booking desk I used to watch the active calls on the computer. A sub shop in the county called 911 because the tip jar on the counter of the store had been stolen. The only person who had come in was a girl who had filled out an application for employment, leaving her name, phone number, and address. Deputies arrived and had the manager call the girl back to "fill out more paper work". When she arrived she was arrested. The store also had a veery nice video of the theft. Way to go slick!!!!!! :devil:

i think this is a good opportunity ..like the movie the bank job :evil:

I really like this thread. Is is true stories or not. I really appreciate that manager mind. I think this is presence of mind. That girl story is also interesting.

All I have to say is... job security, job security, job security! If all criminals would be smart we'd have to find another occupation!

1104BonitaSmag

/일산오피 ≪오피뱅크≫/ 〖 Op‘yo01。CoM 〗 ≪오피요≫ 수원오피 분당건마

/일산오피 ≪오피뱅크≫/ 〖 Op‘yo01。CoM 〗 ≪오피요≫ 논현오피 역삼건마 /일산오피 ≪오피뱅크≫/ 〖 Op‘yo01。CoM 〗 ≪오피요≫ 논현오피 일산건마 /일산오피 ≪오피뱅크≫/ 〖 Op‘yo01。CoM 〗 ≪오피요≫ 부평오피 일산건마

1104BonitaSmag

/일산오피 ≪오피뱅크≫/ 〖 Op‘yo01。CoM 〗 ≪오피요≫ 논현오피 일산건마

/일산오피 ≪오피뱅크≫/ 〖 Op‘yo01。CoM 〗 ≪오피요≫ 부평오피 일산건마 /일산오피 ≪오피뱅크≫/ 〖 Op‘yo01。CoM 〗 ≪오피요≫ 논현오피 일산건마 /일산오피 ≪오피뱅크≫/ 〖 Op‘yo01。CoM 〗 ≪오피요≫ 수원오피 일산건마

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    It was good thread. I can;t believe how a thief can give his phone number to the employee
    In the end he got what he deserved.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

like , thanks pro

like , thanks pro