12 Hour Shifts - Page 14
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Hour Shifts

Re: 12 Hour Shifts

Quote Originally Posted by A Patrol Sergeant D/S
    I speak to personnel from District 5 on a daily basis. They all hate the 12 shifts, but do not want to bad mouth the shifts because they don't want Chief Fondo's idea to get shot down. So they are sacrificing their own well being to keep the chief happy. Just ask any district 5 guy who had court when he had to work Alpha or a Bravo Deputy who missed his kids ballgame because he was to tired and had to get up at 3:30 AM to get to work when he lives in Wellington. These are all facts Sheriff Lamberti have Benji or Pritch look into this. We need to have the availability to work an alternative schedule but 12's are not working. Help us please before the entire agency is subjected to this.

I agree. This crap will be cleaned up when Scott Israel takes over in January. The 12 hour crap blows.

UMMMM, last time i checked, when I worked midnights, court always was a pain the butt. Also, most bravo shift deputies have always had court on duty - this is not a loss for them, and how many of us have had to miss some family event due to work. Anyone who claims they haven't missed a family event due to work is a liar.

For those of you complaining about weekends off. If you don't already have them off, then you (a) don't have the seniority to have them off or (b) have not earned them or (c) both. The 12 hour shifts actually allow the previously mentioned persons to have weekends off and more. If your tired on your friday, well it's no different from being tired on your friday during a 5 day work week. Drink a red bull and deal with it. This is what you signed up for, to be a cop. This is a para military organization- your lucky of your say if heard.

For those who make the claim that they only signed up with BSO so they could work an 8 hr day, times change. This shift saves the county money, if you forgot, everyone has been effected by the reccession, even BSO. For those who claim the OT will disappear, OT slips are still being signed in D5.

Nobody knows who is going to be president, nobody knows who is going to be sheriff, and nobody know if the 12 hours shifts
    are going to be placed into effect throughout BSO, but you get paid, and paid decently to go to work, make arrests, and take
    paper no matter what the time frame - now get off this BS website and hit the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by BSO Sgt.
    Anyone out there with a HOOK to help me get out of dist 5. Maybe after the election huh? Lets end the 12 hour shifts.
    Just be thankful, "little al" you still have a job! get any furniture delivered lately.

Fatman is most likely a fat ass with to many fat cells around his brain. A rookie that has less time on the job than senior guys have in role calls. He has no knowledge at what he is saying. If you don't like BSO 8 hour shifts leave the agency and work as a security geek. We don't want to hear from you for at least 10 years, GREENHORN.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest23
    Fatman is most likely a fat ass with to many fat cells around his brain. A rookie that has less time on the job than senior guys have in role calls. He has no knowledge at what he is saying. If you don't like BSO 8 hour shifts leave the agency and work as a security geek. We don't want to hear from you for at least 10 years, GREENHORN.
    It took me a year to learn this job and the last few I've been polishing my skills. I work one of the busiest areas in the country and have probably handled more hot calls in my short career than many guys with 10-20+ years in slow/rural areas.

If no one but +10 year guys can speak than hardly anyone would be talking. Look around you. The job has changed. The area has changed. The people have changed. Back in the day I'm sure you had to watch your mouth or you might not have a back up. This day in age with attrition I have seniority on my shift and the old timers are in the minority. If they want to try and screw me its coming back ten fold and I know everyone else is coming balls to the wall if I need them. You aren't any better than me and this isn't a generation X thing. Had you started during my time you would be the same way so get over yourself.

I'm sorry if you are comfortable where you are at and feel entitled that it continues. Realize that you are at the end of your career and its pretty selfish to think your last couple of years are more important than the junior guys next 20. In this case you don't know whats good for me just because you have been doing this longer. I have worked 12 hour shifts before and am willing to accept the longer hours for more consecutive time off.

This is going back and forth but I have to say that the D5 guys I know like/love 12's. That crap about people saying they like it just for Fondo is pretty dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by A Patrol Sergeant D/S
    I speak to personnel from District 5 on a daily basis. They all hate the 12 shifts, but do not want to bad mouth the shifts because they don't want Chief Fondo's idea to get shot down. So they are sacrificing their own well being to keep the chief happy. Just ask any district 5 guy who had court when he had to work Alpha or a Bravo Deputy who missed his kids ballgame because he was to tired and had to get up at 3:30 AM to get to work when he lives in Wellington. These are all facts Sheriff Lamberti have Benji or Pritch look into this. We need to have the availability to work an alternative schedule but 12's are not working. Help us please before the entire agency is subjected to this.
    THAT IS A LOAD OF CRAP! everyone in that district darn well knows if they are truely unhappy with 12hr shifts, Fondo wants to hear about it! Whether it's positive or negative. Fondo is the last person who wants to see his guys unhappy, So grow a set and say something if it really bothers you. Enough with this , we can't say anything BS!

Guys, im from District 5 and the 12 Hour shifts suck. I lost my one and only permanent detail because of this crap. My home life stinks cause I never see my kid for four days a week. I miss the home cooked dinners and my kids sports activities at night. The administration and the PBA are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dist5 GUY
    Guys, im from District 5 and the 12 Hour shifts suck. I lost my one and only permanent detail because of this crap. My home life stinks cause I never see my kid for four days a week. I miss the home cooked dinners and my kids sports activities at night. The administration and the PBA are idiots.
    So your kids never have sports on one of your 4 days off?

just another non-district 5 troll...nothing to see here move along.

12 hour shifts are too long... 10 hour shifts are alot better.

At 1st they are cool, but it quickly gets old and the shifts seem longer. Not to mention that if you have a crappy call with an arrest at the end of your shift or you have trial...your sleep time gets depleted and sometimes you have to work 24 straight.

working 24 straight is against the law...it's a FEDERAL LAW... so...that statement can not be true

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast