Will the districts be ready for a storm? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Will the districts be ready for a storm?

Let see, Ivan. That was the one that it took Hall about 5-6 days to come and see us in the south end. Didnt even stick around Navarre High to talk and let us know what was going on. Oh, I'm sorry--Hall didn't know what was going on. Make sure you bring everything you need from home, Hall will not make sure you have anything (although those in the north wend will be taken care of). He is a POS that SRSO is stuck with for another 4 years. Yes I was there; nothing has changed. Still incompetent so-called leaders at the top not taking care of their people.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    FYI, I was there. Saw #2's Asst. looking high and low for him. Saw the other agencies come in, try to find out what to do but were unable because there was no command staff at the S.O.
    BTW-I imagine I have worn out more Crown Vic's than you have socks!
    Looks like you are trying to start the 2012 election early, huh? This is an apparent attempt to press how great Woody was during Ivan. You forgot to mention he was one of Brown and Cummings' henchman. Most importantly, can you say JAILBREAK?

There are hundreds of people at the Sheriff's Office. I only saw a handful of them during Ivan because I was busy catching calls, along with slinging ice, MRE's and water.

Hurricane Ivan was 4 years ago. We've rebuilt the department and all of us struggled during that process. It was a tough transition, but I feel we all stuck together and got through it. You may disagree, but I know for a fact everyone in the administration (including your boy, Woody) all the way down to the greenest deputy busted their butts after Ivan...

FYI, I was there. Saw #2's Asst. looking high and low for him. Saw the other agencies come in, try to find out what to do but were unable because there was no command staff at the S.O.
    BTW-I imagine I have worn out more Crown Vic's than you have socks!
    Looks like you are trying to start the 2012 election early, huh? This is an apparent attempt to press how great Woody was during Ivan. You forgot to mention he was one of Brown and Cummings' henchman. Most importantly, can you say JAILBREAK?

There are hundreds of people at the Sheriff's Office. I only saw a handful of them during Ivan because I was busy catching calls, along with slinging ice, MRE's and water.

Hurricane Ivan was 4 years ago. We've rebuilt the department and all of us struggled during that process. It was a tough transition, but I feel we all stuck together and got through it. You may disagree, but I know for a fact everyone in the administration (including your boy, Woody) all the way down to the greenest deputy busted their butts after Ivan...
    First of all, I am not trying to shill Woody for the '012 election. I am merely giving a thumbs up to something I saw.
    Yep, the admin as a whole did such a great job in the aftermath of Ivan.
    Let's see, no food to D1 for days. Allowed a charge of att. murder to go against the scumbag corrections capt. from NY when at best it should have been reckless display/poss. of a firearm by an intoxicated person. This forced the charges to be dropped and all the rest that ensued.
    Didn't fire or suspend anyone over Wally Worldgate. Allowing district personnel to carry off the Pace and Gulf Breeze Wally World after managment opened it's doors for personal hygene items.
    I could go on and on, but you would say I'm only beating a political horse and a dead one at that. So I'll leave it at this, for now.

Although I don't agree with those deputies who wrote off supplies from Wal-mart (by the way, all of them paid back every dime and were counseled), I certainly don't think they should have been "reprimanded" or "fired." I know our district Lt's at the time went out of their way to make sure the deputies in the south end got food and water. Prior to the storm, deputies were told to be sure to have 3 days of food and water on hand. I understand your expectation for provisions a few days in when you no longer could provide for yourself, but c'mon, you should've at least had some supplies of your own! As for the attempted murder charge: The State Attorney's Office dropped charges. I don't know how you expected the Sheriff to force their hand. I think you are misinformed. 4 years later, I think this is a dead topic and I think I'm finished perpetuating it.

The tazing incident did not meet the criteria of att. murder. It was an emotional over charge of a scumbag and if it had been properly charged at the start, most likely there would have been a different outcome.
    And yep, folks paid the stores back. My point is it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Cigarettes and boom boxes are not necessary hygene or comfort items. The fact that some took those items shows they, not everyone should have been punished more than "paying it back" and being told not to do it again.
    It made the entire agency look bad. I expect New Orleans PD to do crap like that, not SRCSO. I guess I expect too much.... :roll:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12