Hiring in 2008

Thread: Hiring in 2008

Hiring in 2008

Good day to you all,

I was looking at your web site trying to get some hiring info and noticed that you are on a hiring freeze for deputy sheriff's. Im trying to lateral over from the south florida area and was wondering if this freeze is expecting to last long?

I go to your county at least 3-5 times a year and think it is really nice, my wife and I have been thinking about this lateral for a number of years. Just my luck, as soon as we decide we look and pow, hiring freeze...

Re: Hiring in 2008

Mums the word... no one's talking about hiring or when it will start. What agency do you work for down there? I am originally from there and I can understand why you want to leave. St. John's is a beautiful county and the people are so nice here.

Contact Recruiting Deputy Larry Durden at 1800-346-7596 or (904) 824-8304. He should be able to help you out. October starts the new fiscal year. We will see what the budget holds. Good Luck

Thank you very much for the Info..

Man judging by their message board on leoaffairs Monroe S.O. is the place to be.... ......just kidding St. Johns rules !

Any word on hiring since Oct-01 has come and gone???

No, not yet. We are still under a hiring freeze with no end in site. However we are hiring people with experience here and there. I do mean here and there, one person at a time. We just hired two new people and have a few positions open now due to attrition but they will not post that to the public. My advise, next time you get up this way stop in and see the Sheriff or Col. Thompson and say hello. A brief face to face goeas along way here.

Any word on hiring ?

Everything but LEO's for now. Not sure whats up.