Posting on this site - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Lightbulb Re: Posting on this site

A lemming is a rodent in the rat family.

I don't think IMO has the courage to call anyone at work a lemming to their face, he's got all the makeup of a fine deputy at ECSO, a backstabbing rat. :devil:

Re: Posting on this site

[quote="Paul Iceman"]IMO

2. You are not as smart as you think you are.
    quote]

Lot's of truth to that one, how was work today? Did you get wet this morning?

You have all made such mature, unbiased, intelligent arguments for your points of view that I have officially succumb to your line of thinking… Mmm, not so much. If anything, those of you that have posted have just proved my point about the lemming issue at PPD and I am rather unimpressed by the caliber of responses that my post received. I am not going to argue with you or try and convince you that you hold to erroneous beliefs because you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I just don’t see how bringing perceived issues to light and having an anonymous discussion on them is a bad thing and we will just have to agree to disagree and that is fine by me.

IMO,

From your postings you have insinuated several things:

1. You are smarter than admin

2. you are smarter than your fellow officers

3. you are totally disgruntled with where you work

4. because you feel you are superior to women, you feel you can publicly humiliate the department by posting negative things about women on the www

5. you don't like women in law enforcement

6. you are willing to overlook poor male officers just to harp on two, one more than the other, females.

7. you are willing to embarass the department even further just to exploit one officer.

8. finally, you would love to work somewhere else, but have to face the fact and realize that you got hired by PPD buy dumb luck, made it so far without being detected as a poser and you hope your fellow officers don't know who you are because you have to spend a career with us.

1)When admin chooses to turn a blind eye to dangerous behaviors of an officer and then hide behind the city counsel’s demand to not fire someone simply because she just finished filing her umpteenth sexual harassment allegation, I would not necessarily say that is the most intelligent thing to do, no. I also mentioned that certain folks in charge that are short timers turned their heads to avoid confrontation. However I did not say that I am “smarter” than admin.
    2)I am smarter than some officers and do concede that there are officers that are more intelligent than myself. It depends on the area of expertise, but that is the same for just about anyone on the planet, that is the case for all humans by nature.
    3)I absolutely disagree with this statement. I think that I am unhappy with different aspects that I have voiced here. I don’t think that anyone is 100% happy with their working environment 100% of the time. When was the last time that you started a thread about how wonderfully happy you were with every aspect of life at PPD?
    4)I don’t feel superior to women. I feel like there is an inequality in the workplace (most workplaces for that matter) and that there are many allowances made for females in general but more specifically their behavior and attitudes that their male counterparts cannot possibly get away with. I could also say the same thing about the GOB club that we have going on at the station but there has not been a recent thread that addressed the topic. I did not start the thread topics about specific people nor did I lead the direction in which they went. I simply just ADDED commentary on preexisting threads and furthered sentiment that already existed and have subsequently been demonized as a chauvinist for it.
    5)I personally think that it takes a particular type of individual to be a LEO. Most women do not have it, this is true. Then again, many men don’t have it either. Again, as stated above, I have never authored my opinion on the male aspect of fitness for duty. I made a couple of posts about a specific female and now you would think that I am prepared to run over to Africa and start committing female atrocities like clitoridectomies. I think that a statement like “I don’t care for certain females that shirk their responsibilities and commit dangerous acts at work” is definitely not the same comment as “I don’t like women in Law enforcement”. If you don’t like my particular observations then point out the specific errors. Don’t use flawed logic but taking a very specific statement that I wrote and turn it into sweeping generalizations to demonize my comments and point of view. Your post does not aid in the discussion and only serves to muddy the waters of the issues and turn the conversation away from the true topic which in essence just proves my point.
    6)This is a categorically false statement. Who or what other topics would you like to discuss? I have no problem doing so; I have just not done so thus far. Male, female, admin, officer, city counsel, city attorney, FOP … I don’t care. You seem to have, again, taken 2 statements that I have made against specific female officer(s) and 1 aimed at a mod and generalized them to suit your own desires. These posts could not possible tell you what I am willing or not willing to comment on.

7)If there is something going on at the department that should serve as an embarrassment then don’t you think that is should be stopped or are you one of those that if we don’t talk about it or directly respond then it’s not really happening. This logic went out the window when we were 3 with peek-a-boo. The “department” chose to embarrass itself by its inaction and patronizing demeanor on the matter. There is a saying that you should never do anything that you are not willing to have splashed all over the morning paper. If there are things being done at the level of PPD as a whole, admin, the rank and file officers, or even the city counsel, that the department should be ashamed and the “embarrassment” is there by definition no matter whether it is whispered in the halls, talked about at parties, or posted on the internet.

8)Is anything that is undertaken on this planet ever done by shear will or does it also involve some mixture of the elements dumb luck (I prefer the term good fortune personally), perfect timing, hard work? All of these things are the components of my employment. There is nothing that says that I want to pr will spend an entire career at PPD. As I mentioned before there are several features of a person’s employment and those things could change for me on a whim and I could end up else ware. No biggie really.

Lastly I would like to point out that those that have taken the same opinion as Paul Iceman have formed a judgment that flies in the face of logic, statistics, and common sense. I have made a total of 3 posts prior to this one and that is hardly any significant quantity that would allow even the most expert of evaluations. You might have insinuated many things from only three posts but none of your opinions of me, even if they were most stellar and painted me in the best light, would be based on fact, reality, data or logic. You could have INSINUATED that I am a 4 foot tall talking purple dog posting this whilst pissing on a fire hydrant but none of that would be correct either.

Have a great evening.

First you are a man with a family, then you are a woman, then you are a man. Now you say you have only made three posts. With your track record if the truth was a barn you couldn't hit it with a load of bird shot. According to your statements, you have been witness to several incidents that many in the department were unaware of. If you indeed witnessed these incidents, why didn't you take the time to write it up? Or are you over dramatizing because you have a personal issue with the officer? Remember integrity, I would really like to know who you are, cause I think you have issues with your integrity after reading your posts and I wouldn't feel comfortable working around you.

There is a saying that you should never do anything that you are not willing to have splashed all over the morning paper.
    IMO, you are an idiot. You've already posted things on here that you wouldn't want to be quoted saying in the PNJ. Get out of that glass house, you aren't "cop" material, just another city employee in a police uniform collecting a pay check. You are the type who will suck ass and do whatever it takes to make rank, then use a forum like this to vent. If you feel so strongly, get up on that podium and grow some. Just like you would if you caught a bad guy and had to testify in court. From what you've posted, you aren't much better than those you criticize. They are idiots and you don't have any balls.

IMO,

I do not believe you are a city employee period, I think you are one of those guys who have jumped the fence for greener grass, realized your mistake, and now your goal is to try and bring everyone to your miserable level. Incidents you have spoken of seem to be of your creation, nobody else I've talked to at work has heard of them, but you claim to have witnessed them. Yet you state you've made a supervisor aware of them and nothing has happened. Maybe your supervisor has already labeled you as one who elaborates the truth and questions your ability as a police officer. It isn't because he's a short timer that doesn't want to listen to you, it's because he has a hell of a lot more experience than you, realizes you are nothing but a whiner, and chooses to blow you off. If you haven't noticed, most of the people here have blown you off as nothing but a loser. You are probably one of those recent hires who was assigned to mids, used the "family" excuse and got transfered to days within a year. I had a family when I was hired and I did my job, my wife was miserable, but I did my job. Now you have worked days for a year or two you believe that you deserve to go to a new section or division. Using the works of JFK, "Ask not what your department can do for you, ask what you can do for your department". You probably have less than 5 years on and work beat 1,2 or 3. Rookie officers used to hate working the north end because it meant you were a useless rookie or a worn out useless old guy. Wait, think about the beat assignment for patrol, yup, that way of thinking still stands. , all either wet behind the ears and scared, or old and lazy. What a reputation to uphold. You should be proud.

Pardon me whilst I find a bridge to jump from because life is just not worth living without the approval of all those around me including all of those anonymous people from WWWland. Opinions truly are like a-holes everyone has one and thinks that everyone else’s stinks. I realized a long time ago that can't please all of the people all of the time and I'm o.k. with that and p.s. I was not looking for anyone's approval, accolades, or friendship when posting here.

IMO

You aren't here to make friends? You are a rat, please quit and leave, I would rather have friends back me up than people who aren't here to make friends. ECSO is hiring, you will fit in great. Just because you hang out with your butt buddy at Gull Point all day doesn't mean you are a hard working guy. Quick quiz, name three kids that live within two blocks of your wife's employment? Can't do it can you?! And you call yourself a cop!! I call you lazy and chickenshit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast