Speeding ticket - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Speeding ticket

Re: Speeding ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Embarrassed
    After 19 years working in law enforcement, I was really humbled today by a Georgia state trooper. I received a ticket on I-75 s in Dooly this morning, headed back to Hillsborough County FL. A no nonsense officer pulled me over for doing 86 in a 70. I didn't realize that I was going that fast. I offered no excuses and he offered no explanations.

To all the civilians out there, it made absolutely no difference to him that I was an active LEO. I was just as shocked with my first yellow slip of paper in 25+ years. Only an hour after having a deer run into the side of my rental van.

Keep up the honest work. Made me cognizant of my speed this trip for sure... ops:
    I've been a LEO in South Florida for 7 years now. I was driving to atlanta from Miami just to relief some stress, in a rental car through Adel in an empty highway just jamming to some oldies not noticing my speed gauge. When i saw a patrol vehicle a few yard in front on me with his overheads, on the side of the road. So naturally I slowed down to make sure he was ok. I noticed no vehicle in front of his, so I sped up and continued on my way. A few miles down, the same patrol vehicle conducted a traffic stop on me. So I pulled over and placed my hands out of the vehicle. The trooper/Deputy whatever approached my vehicle and asked me to step out, so I did. The first thing I told him was that I had my off duty weapon in my glove compartment and apologized to him if I did any thing wrong. He said I was going 12 mile over the speed limit and it was a construction area. There was no sign nor Construction worker,barricades or cautions lights. But I didn't argued and provided him with my license and all necessary paper work. The Deputy/Trooper saw my badge and my dept ID,but didnt say anything and neither did I. He then order me to the rear of my car and i complied. He took my paperwork and when he came back he issued me a citation, I signed and thanked him and again apologized for the incident. The only problem I have is that he had an attitude and was nasty, If I deserved a citation then so be it.

So ADEL Deputy/Trooper or whatever the hell you are.. Stop sleeping with you tactical underwears on your gun belt and your vest at night. Stop trying to be robocop and show the public and your brothers and sisters in blue some type of conpassion. REMEMBER COMPASSION MAY SOMEDAY SAVE YOUR LIFE AND IS KARMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!P.S That was my first ticket in 17 years and first and last trip to Georgia. :cop:

Why don't you Miami cops, most of ya'll are from South Florida anyway, learn to slow you’re a$$es down and roll about 7 to 8 M.P.H. over the limit on I-75 and avoid the tickets in the first place. It pisses me off to read about you crybabies complaining because you were hammered going 12 to 15 over. I am a native Floridian, have been an officer for 20 years and travel to and from Georgia about 15 times a year to see my son and attend his football games in Athens. I have yet to be pulled over or ever had a negative encounter with Georgia law enforcement. Quite the opposite actually, they have always had the time to answer a question and help me out a time or two. I also went to college in Georgia and even as a civilian I never had a problem with the police in Georgia. I think the main issue is that most of you so called "Florida" officers are New York transplants with big mouths and big attitudes. You get hammered with a ticket that you earned driving like an idiot and your course of action is to whine on this site. You big mouthed transplants who complain are no better than the jitterbugs that get popped for acting a fool and blame us for harassing them. No wonder most of the officers in the state of Georgia call Floridians Flor-idiots, morons like you have earned us the nickname. Thanks for fu&*ing it up for the real people born and raised here who still have respect, know our place, were raised by our families with manners and actually have common sense that eludes you New York big mouths.

Wow read the entire thread, lot of anger out there. Here's a thought try not to speed, if you get caught, try not be a jerk, and hope the trooper isn't a jerk either. Spent 38 years in the business, stopped an FHP lieutenant at 88 in a 45 mph zone once he was a gentleman and so was I.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Why don't you Miami cops, most of ya'll are from South Florida anyway, learn to slow you’re a$$es down and roll about 7 to 8 M.P.H. over the limit on I-75 and avoid the tickets in the first place. It pisses me off to read about you crybabies complaining because you were hammered going 12 to 15 over. I am a native Floridian, have been an officer for 20 years and travel to and from Georgia about 15 times a year to see my son and attend his football games in Athens. I have yet to be pulled over or ever had a negative encounter with Georgia law enforcement. Quite the opposite actually, they have always had the time to answer a question and help me out a time or two. I also went to college in Georgia and even as a civilian I never had a problem with the police in Georgia. I think the main issue is that most of you so called "Florida" officers are New York transplants with big mouths and big attitudes. You get hammered with a ticket that you earned driving like an idiot and your course of action is to whine on this site. You big mouthed transplants who complain are no better than the jitterbugs that get popped for acting a fool and blame us for harassing them. No wonder most of the officers in the state of Georgia call Floridians Flor-idiots, morons like you have earned us the nickname. Thanks for fu&*ing it up for the real people born and raised here who still have respect, know our place, were raised by our families with manners and actually have common sense that eludes you New York big mouths.

Your a jerk. i'VE Been more of a COP then you will EVER be! I have stopped numerous cops and been pretty pissed about how they drove, but at the end of the day if we don't look out for each other who will look out for US? I speed sometimes and most cops do.

Hey Pal, I'm a NY big mouth transplant now residing in Florida. I retired from a "real job" where I learned that even back wood hillbillies like ya'll were to be respected because you were, regardless of your stupidity, a "COP." We always knew what it meant to be in a police fraternity where we took care of each other and our families because we knew that no one else would. Let me ask you, when 9/11 occurred, did you or any of the officers in your dept. offer to come up to NY and give us a hand? If you did why? We lost 23 NYPD and 37 Port Authority Officers...did you mourn them? Why would you when in live you would write them a summons. You are the epitome of hypocrisy and I pray that some day when I am driving up I-95 between Florida and New York that some big buck is beating the crap out of you on the side of the road. Remind me to wave as a drive by. You wouldn't last 2 days in a NYC Police Precinct and not so much because you couldn't handle the job but because you would have immediately been labeled a "rat." Learn what brotherhood means!

Quote Originally Posted by New York Transplant
    Hey Pal, I'm a NY big mouth transplant now residing in Florida. I retired from a "real job" where I learned that even back wood hillbillies like ya'll were to be respected because you were, regardless of your stupidity, a "COP." We always knew what it meant to be in a police fraternity where we took care of each other and our families because we knew that no one else would. Let me ask you, when 9/11 occurred, did you or any of the officers in your dept. offer to come up to NY and give us a hand? If you did why? We lost 23 NYPD and 37 Port Authority Officers...did you mourn them? Why would you when in live you would write them a summons. You are the epitome of hypocrisy and I pray that some day when I am driving up I-95 between Florida and New York that some big buck is beating the crap out of you on the side of the road. Remind me to wave as a drive by. You wouldn't last 2 days in a NYC Police Precinct and not so much because you couldn't handle the job but because you would have immediately been labeled a "rat." Learn what brotherhood means!
    Why would you be concerned about a large deer attacking a law enforcement officer on the side of the road? I have to assume that's what you're refering to, what with all the "brotherhood" and "fraternity" talk you were laying down, right? Otherwise YOU would be....how did you put it?....ah yes: "The epitome of hypocrisy." Peace out, Mr. Carpetbagger.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to mention that I've made that run up and down I-75 in Georgia several times per year over the past 40+ years driving from FL to my original hometown in the upper mid-west and recall that stretch through Adel well. It seems like it has been under construction of one kind or another for ages lol. Anyway, I'll bet I've been stopped five or six times in Ga during those years on 75 by the GSP (including once along that Adel stretch) for moderate speeding and never got a ticket. Once I identified myself as a Miami cop the encounter would end on a friendly note, usually with a handshake and maybe a couple of minutes of "shop talk"...the GSP guys were always brotherly & professional. I'm betting you got stopped by a deputy from whatever county Adel is in, not a trooper. The S.O.'s from those first few counties in Ga have always seemed to sandbag that southern portion of I-75 for speeders.....revenue source I guess.

As a fellow Law Enforcement officer in Florida for 23 years I would like to send a message to the Georgia State Trooper working I95 outside of Jacksonville on the night of 4/27. You pulled over my son who is active duty in the United States Army and is being deployed to Afghanistan. You gave him a speeding ticket which I have no issues with, what I do have an issue with is being unprofessional and not respecting the uniform he wears. Being redneck about it and calling him boy and telling him not to speed in your state and laughing about it says a lot about you. I only hope you recieve the same treatment from somebody else one day. And remember your State is in his country

Quote Originally Posted by us army
    As a fellow Law Enforcement officer in Florida for 23 years I would like to send a message to the Georgia State Trooper working I95 outside of Jacksonville on the night of 4/27. You pulled over my son who is active duty in the United States Army and is being deployed to Afghanistan. You gave him a speeding ticket which I have no issues with, what I do have an issue with is being unprofessional and not respecting the uniform he wears. Being redneck about it and calling him boy and telling him not to speed in your state and laughing about it says a lot about you. I only hope you recieve the same treatment from somebody else one day. And remember your State is in his country
    Typical crooked lying Florida cop that thinks theyre above the law

I am SO sorry that God's Special People treated y'all with such non-courtesy. Our State Patrol has just gone to hell in a handbasket over the recent years. I'm a life-long Georgian and used to be proud of our GSP. I was a local PD sergeant in a VERY busy metro-Atlanta PD; then I went federal. My specialty was traffic (motors) when I was a local. Since having become a fed, I had a fed colleague, who was an Alabama Highway Patrolman for 12 years; that told me about being mistreated by GSP at a road check. The Trooper forced his alco-sensor into the car in front of my colleague's face growling, "Blow!" He blew .000 and the Trooper cleared it, put it back in his face and said, "Blow again!" I vapor-locked and felt my ears turning red when my colleague told me this story. The Trooper's behavior constituted a 1983 violation. In Georgia, your vehicle is an extension of your home. Your window is your curtilage. An LEO must ASK you to blow; not DEMAND. I happened to know the GSP Colonel and Lt. Colonel very well at the time. So, I gave the LTC a call off the record. He hit the roof, wanted me to file an official complaint with IA, etc. Of course, I refused. As fate would have it, I ran into the very Trooper on a bad MVA on I-75 in the county where I'm a volunteer FF/EMT. I also happened to be the Fire Ground Commander of that call; and, well, HE was the investigating Trooper. I was on my way home from the office when the tones went out and I was in the area. I was dressed in slacks/tie/gun/mags/cuffs but no badge. I assumed command and we had children & others significantly injured, life flight, etc. The Trooper kept looking at me as I was talking on my walkie directing personnel, talking to dispatch, putting equipment back in service. Finally, when all calmed down the Trooper walked over to me and asked with a smart ass tone, "Who you with?!" See, it wasn't computing in his brain: slacks/tie/gun/FD walkie giving FD direction. So, I looked around and said, "I'm with them, you, those folks over there..." Then he said, "No, you have a gun on and your telling all the firemen and paramedics what to do like you're a fire chief or something." THEN I lit into his ass; diplomatically, of course. After I reminded him of his event at the road check with my colleague, telling him how embarassed he made me to be a fellow Georgian, how I called the LTC and how many levels of WRONG he was with his behavior that night; he apologized emphatically. Bottom line is the LTC told me, "We're getting what we pay for here at GSP; and that ain't much." I'm so sorry it's come to that. But these youngsters policing these days aren't doing it to help folks. They're doing it for the power, it seems.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast