Speeding ticket - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Speeding ticket

Re: Speeding ticket

I for one have only written one LEO in 17 years, and it was only because he was an "A"hole. He had just been stopped by a fellow co-worker less than 5 minutes prior and I got him 20 over. He immediately started with the attitude.
    I have gotten one driving a motorcycle at over 100MPH. He was polite and never assumed I would let him off. I sent him on his way.
    I have been stopped a few times and I will make sure the officer knows my profession, however I do not and will not get an attitude.
    My personal belief is that as LEO's we are trained to, and frequently do drive above the speed limit in the course of our duty.

I'm a rookie and I will NEVER write another cop a speeding ticket, I have better things to do with my time than screw some guy making table scraps like myself. We are all brothers in this!

You guys have to realize what your dealing with in Georgia with GSP. Their car police, traffic cops, whatever... They don't understand what it is to be on a hot call with bad guys still on scene. There after the fact and don't see real LE action as other LEO's do including state police organizations.

Its not their fault its just the way their department is set up. 95 % of their job is writing speeding tickets. Its important to them as that is the only thing they do. That's why they often write other leo's. To them speeding is a serious offense and they don't take it lightly. They have not been exposed to violent crime espicially violent occurring right in front of them forcing action. Most State Troopers in GA don't stick around too long. They get bored very quickly with their routine assignment and usually leave in a couple of years. Most find jobs in other LE fields that tend to be a little more challenging than sitting behind a laser or radar for 8 hours a day.

My advice is slow down if your in areas where their known to work. No matter how many years you have on the job or how much you kiss their ###, most of them are still gonna be @#! holes because they really think they are doing something important...

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You guys have to realize what your dealing with in Georgia with GSP. Their car police, traffic cops, whatever... They don't understand what it is to be on a hot call with bad guys still on scene. There after the fact and don't see real LE action as other LEO's do including state police organizations.

Its not their fault its just the way their department is set up. 95 % of their job is writing speeding tickets. Its important to them as that is the only thing they do. That's why they often write other leo's. To them speeding is a serious offense and they don't take it lightly. They have not been exposed to violent crime espicially violent occurring right in front of them forcing action. Most State Troopers in GA don't stick around too long. They get bored very quickly with their routine assignment and usually leave in a couple of years. Most find jobs in other LE fields that tend to be a little more challenging than sitting behind a laser or radar for 8 hours a day.

My advice is slow down if your in areas where their known to work. No matter how many years you have on the job or how much you kiss their ###, most of them are still gonna be @#! holes because they really think they are doing something important...
    Spoken like a true agent, deputy, or police officer....and that isn't necessarily a compliment. 8)

You're probably right about who wrote that last post. Reality is that there are alot more people (other LEO's) that feel exactly the same way about why Troopers tend to write other LEO's...

Quote Originally Posted by arresteddevelopment
    I recently drove I-75 all the way through Georgia and back down to Florida. I did not see a single trooper in Florida. I saw approximately 60 traffic stops in Georgia by GSP and APD. There were some total idiots flying by me and every one of them got nailed. You guys do a good job up there and you save alot of lives. I was in a pack of 20 cars at one point and more than half of them were pulled! As a fellow leo, I realize that if I take a chance and speed, I also take the chance of risking my life, others, and risk paying a costly ticket. Keep up the good work and stay safe!

Florida LEO
    That's because our (FHP) manpower is a joke. Florida doesn't care about keeping the highways safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I'm a rookie and I will NEVER write another cop a speeding ticket, I have better things to do with my time than screw some guy making table scraps like myself. We are all brothers in this!
    Amen

I was traveling through Georgia last weekend on U.S.1 above 16, sorry , i dont know what county I was in . I was north bound just tooling along with one other car, not even paying attention to the speed, i think I was doing 70. Anyway, came over a hill and saw a slick top charger sitting there. He pulled the car behind me over, so i thought , well thats cool. Then I saw him get back on the road and behind me to pull me over.. He walked up and asked where I was going in such a hurry, The funny part is, I couldnt tell him. I was just going where my wife was telling me to go. Oh Yeah, She is a Deputy. He asked for my D.L. and insurance and went back to his car. My wife asked me why I didnt show him my I.D. AND i OF COURSE ASKED HER WHY SHE DIDNT SHOW HIM HERS. I thought to myself, well your getting a ticket. The trooper got out of his vehicle and went to the other vehicle that he stopped. I didnt realize it, but I was watching rather intensly at him in my side view mirror. Habbit I guess. I was watching hard enough to make him come up to my vehicle and ask, I love this, "why are you eyeballing me" I told him I was just making sure he was O.K. He looked at me and said let me see your credentials. I showed them to him. And he said , well I guess I have to let the other guy go if I do you. I apologised and said do what you have to do, no hard feelings here. He replied"have a nice day". I drove another 5 hours to get to my destination with the wife heckling me the whole way and believe me, I didnt go over the speed limit there or on the way home, well maybe just a little on 16 and 95

Anyway, to that Trooper, I thank you. Your curtisy was not in vein. I work in Florida on the state line (16 yrs) and run into alot of Georgia boys coming here on vacation, and alot of them have badges and I have always shown them curtisy and always will

GSP is full of a bunch of Blue Falcons. Not only do they cite fellow LEOs, they will not hesitate to make a BS arrest on one either. Be VERY VERY careful in GA. I would never cite a LEO much less make up a false arrest on a polite and cooperative fellow LEO, but I guess in GA they feel better about themselves when they do it. Good job, you guys are big heroes for screwing over cops.

Do Not judge the book by its index,all cops have a superman syndrome they will loose once they find the light. Then they will be come a brother and a cop.
    After just loosing a state trooper here in the Atlanta area by gunshots to the face after a short chase, the bad guy had been a multiple offender that's a court problem not a cop problem. We as Americans have a lot to fix.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast