COPS for Obama!!!! - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Re: COPS for Obama!!!!

Another 4 years of someone trying to destory the Constitution. What's more disconcerning, is that there are those here on this MB, that support that too....

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Another 4 years of someone trying to destory the Constitution. What's more disconcerning, is that there are those here on this MB, that support that too....
    True. But remember that the principal idiot, ThePvtCitizen, is a civilian. When it comes to what is happening on the streets he doesn't have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by On the streets
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    True. But remember that the principal idiot, ThePvtCitizen, is a civilian. When it comes to what is happening on the streets he doesn't have a clue.

Very true....

When it comes to what is happening on the streets? What does that have to do with this thread, the topic is politics. Having knowledge of what is happening on the streets provides you more credibility and intelligence?

Knowledge of what is happening on the streets, will that provide more credibility and intelligence when it comes to sports or finance or medicine also?

You need to remember that the principal COMPLACENT individual is you. Out there, On the street, you are often the smartest person in the room. YOU are smarter than MOST of the people YOU come into contact with out there.

But that is not a direct reflection of society in general, That does not mean you are smarter than MOST PEOPLE.

I am your Huckleberry.

One of the definitions of Huckleberry is: a foolish, inept or inconsequential fellow

Quote Originally Posted by ThePvtCitizen
    When it comes to what is happening on the streets? What does that have to do with this thread, the topic is politics. Having knowledge of what is happening on the streets provides you more credibility and intelligence?

Knowledge of what is happening on the streets, will that provide more credibility and intelligence when it comes to sports or finance or medicine also?

You need to remember that the principal COMPLACENT individual is you. Out there, On the street, you are often the smartest person in the room. YOU are smarter than MOST of the people YOU come into contact with out there.

But that is not a direct reflection of society in general, That does not mean you are smarter than MOST PEOPLE.

I am your Huckleberry.

Give me one person with common sence and life experience over ten people with college degrees who can run all day and I will prevail everytime.

Rob

Insult AND creating straw argument in debate. C'mon, huh?

Again, having knowledge of "The Streets", provides what intellectual accolade? Only the benefit of being smarter than the "bad guys", duh.

Rob, college degrees? huh?

The poster above wrote that I have no knowledge of what is happening on "the streets", so it is implied that I should not comment in a thread on the topic of politics?

Insult AND creating straw argument in debate. C'mon, huh?

Again, having knowledge of "The Streets", provides what intellectual accolade? Only the benefit of being smarter than the "bad guys", duh.

The poster above wrote that I have no knowledge of what is happening on "the streets", so it is implied that I should not comment in a thread on the topic of politics?

You completely missed the meaning of Rob's statement comparing and contrasting those with common sense and life experience versus those with college degrees and the ability to run all day. YOU were not included in either group.

What you don't have in this discussion of politics is the perspective of a street level cop whose life experience tends to make him politically conservative, having seen the destructive results on society of liberal policies.

You may comment all you like my man. Hell, sometimes I even agree with ya. :wink:

As far as my college degree remark I was simply referring to the fact that in order to be hired as a LEO nowadays ya have to have a college degree to even apply at most agencies, to include HCSO. The only exception to that rule at some agencies is if you served in the U.S. Military for a predetermined amount of time. Just because someone may have a college degree that does not make them smart or street savy when it comes to handling calls for service within the community. One of the things I loved about working the street when I was a LEO was that every call was different and called for some imagination and problem solving ability that was not always written in black and white in some text book on some professors desk somewhere. Hence, the common sence comment.

As far as the original topic and subject of this thread, Obama. He sucks in my humble opinion! He is bad for our country and a threat to our freedoms as far as I'm concerned.

Now ThePvtCitizen, post away.

Take Care,

Rob

Rob and Perspective, I miss the meaning of Rob's statement, because it brings up college education for what reason? There was not a recent reference to "college educated.

I agree with the statement as it stands alone, though when applied to the recent subject matter of the thread, it seems to discredit anyone that does not have this "street education".

Myself, I've seen where this "street education" can grossly distort one's view of society. Doesn't happen to every LEO, but it does happen to many. I spent alot of time with LEO's. Many become society haters. Many, do not want to be around non-LEOS. Many think that we civilians are all idiots and only know how to smash our cars into each other or beat on each other. Some LEO's mature out of that, some don't.

In this thread, you want to blame the POTUS, but question to you Perspective: is there another thread where these destructive results on society of liberal policies is spoken of? Seems like there are many more threads on the destructive results because of the policies you guys impose on yourselves within your own office.

I am your Huckleberry.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast