City may offer officers deals to live in Windemere
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

City may offer officers deals to live in Windemere

The city is considering offering up to four police officers discounts for living in refurbished condominiums in the Windemere neighborhood.

The city's Housing Authority board authorized staff Tuesday to develop the rental program.

As early as next month, police would live for two years in one of 30 condos the authority owns. The goal: to deter illegal drug sales and other crimes at Windemere, a community of low-income renters southeast of Northwest 19th Street and Northwest 55th Avenue.

The authority and the city have been renovating dozens of properties they bought in and around Windemere in recent years. Because condos normally would rent for about $1,000 a month, officers would save about $18,000. They would pay no rent the first year and about $500 a month the second year.
    Source

Re: City may offer officers deals to live in Windemere

Are you on F@#king on CRACK!!! Whatever cop lives there is a total dirtbag !!

LOL. NOT EVEN OUR GUYS ARE THAT DUMB.

Whoever may be dumb enough.

# 1 say goodbye to your personal car as the friendly residents are going to destroy it and then steal it. Then your marked units gonna sponteniously expode the next day.

# 2 Your pretty little windermere house is going to be burglarized every time that marked car is not in the driveway. WOW, an alarm system. Riiiiight, because that deters them. lol

# 3 If your single, its a great way impress your girl by bringing her into the box.

# 4 make sure you pre-issue 41-10 and agg. 31 case numbers to all of your friends and relatives that are dumb enough to visit your dumb$$

# 5 The locals shouldnt be banging down your door too often because of baby mama drama.

# 6 Theres an appealing little shopping mart right behind your house.

# 7 Those arent fireworks being fired at your house at night

# 8 Skumanich is your neighbor

# 9 Your other neighbor is on probation for battery LEO or somthing like that

.........................enjoy your stay! :devil:

LOL. NOT EVEN OUR GUYS ARE THAT DUMB.

Whoever may be dumb enough.

# 1 say goodbye to your personal car as the friendly residents are going to destroy it and then steal it. Then your marked units gonna sponteniously expode the next day.

# 2 Your pretty little windermere house is going to be burglarized every time that marked car is not in the driveway. WOW, an alarm system. Riiiiight, because that deters them. lol

# 3 If your single, its a great way impress your girl by bringing her into the box.

# 4 make sure you pre-issue 41-10 and agg. 31 case numbers to all of your friends and relatives that are dumb enough to visit your dumb$$

# 5 The locals shouldnt be banging down your door too often because of baby mama drama.

# 6 Theres an appealing little shopping mart right behind your house.

# 7 Those arent fireworks being fired at your house at night

# 8 Skumanich is your neighbor

# 9 Your other neighbor is on probation for battery LEO or somthing like that

.........................enjoy your stay! :devil:

whoever is stupid enough to take this officer deserves whatever comes their way

Hmmm I have an idea, Faranda how about you move in to one so you can run the city more efficiently. Maybe you would appreciate us more because we would have to respond to your apartment every 5 minutes. We are tired of being made to feel worthless by you. We are not the low class slaves you think we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Hmmm I have an idea, Faranda how about you move in to one so you can run the city more efficiently. Maybe you would appreciate us more because we would have to respond to your apartment every 5 minutes. We are tired of being made to feel worthless by you. We are not the low class slaves you think we are.
    Stop with the drama as this is a big business and we are workers in the business. I am sure you idiot that Mr. Faranda goes home every night planning on how to make the police department suffer. If you feel like a slave take your fat azz to another department and get a job. Please stop posting this stupid crap during the contract negotiation as I along with others need a pay increase and not a pissed off City Manager. Really they need to put you on Administrative Leave for being stupid.

Honestly, On paper, this sounds like a decent idea. Cops in the area to deter crime. A good idea to a civilian that is.

Dear Administration,

Are you serious? Your putting four cops in this crime ridden area and then you want to make it their area of responsability? Do you want a police funeral. Your going to get a cop killed. Your asking for the officers to take enforcement action in the immediate area of where they live???????? :shock: You think these people are really afraid of us?? For freak sake, they just burglarized a marked police vehicle in the middle of the day in a congested apartment compex while the uniformed officer was on a call! They dont see us! They dont fear us! Thats because cops don't do their jobs anymore the way they should. You people (admin) are firing all of our cops, putting them on admin leave thus destroying their lives for what??? Thats why your cops dont take picture of 13ps. Thats why your cops dont arrest anyone. Thats why your cops conduct crappy investigations. Its because our own department doesn't have our back. We are terrified of you people (admin). You go out with someone, they fight, they complain,you (admin) entertain it and suddenly the cops fighting for his job. I think not.

Back to the orginal post, I think this is a big mistake and a major safety issue with putting cops in this area and then making them patrol it. Its one thing just to ask for them to live there for free. But to make them arrest people in this area in an effort to clean it up. Its a suicide mission. I'm not scrared of the hood, i'm just not stupid.

For those of you that accept this offer, dont cry when your house gets hit and your car gets stolen. And make sure your wearing your vest while shopping at that beautiful publix.

Stop with the drama as this is a big business and we are workers in the business. I am sure you idiot that Mr. Faranda goes home every night planning on how to make the police department suffer. If you feel like a slave take your fat azz to another department and get a job. Please stop posting this stupid crap during the contract negotiation as I along with others need a pay increase and not a pissed off City Manager. Really they need to put you on Administrative Leave for being stupid.
    What does it matter to you, not like you are a cop or anything. Sounds like you work for the city manager. If you are a cop, then you must not work on the road and you get a boat load of OT.

IF anyone is down on their luck and that desperate that they think they have to move into the box then let me know. You'll be better off living in my garage

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast