FDLE faced with 40 - 50 layoffs - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: FDLE faced with 40 - 50 layoffs

One Word: Bicycles

If you could see some of the fat milk cows in my office that try and pass themselves off as LEO's you might agree

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    What pisses me off is with the commissioner cutting on call only SAs and SASs have to suffer. It would be more equally shared if from car 1 down everyone took a 1% or 2% cut and keep the on call. No ASAC or SAC has taken a cut, how about the Assistant Commissioners? (if Tucker would go that would safe $100,000 plus a year)
    Ya an agent at MROC wants to give up 1% so they can get a few hundred bucks once a year for on call. I do agree it would be nice to see the bosses kick in too.

Please explain why one sworn person needs a car over another?
    Well, I don't see any HQ management types with cars responding after hours to in-custody deaths, officer-involved shootings, or 0500 hr search warrants. Even without on-call status, agents, supervisors, and even ASACs and SACs are still expected to come out, so take-home cars are justified for them. Some of the HQ personnel who basically work 8-5, not so much. The big question is how much difference (other than morale and general principal) taking away their cars would make. Probably not too much in the greater scheme of things.

If they really want to save on gas, give agents the option to work from home when feasible-we already have laptops.

One Word: Bicycles

If you could see some of the fat milk cows in my office that try and pass themselves off as LEO's you might agree
    LMAO! That was a good one!! I think they should take the cars that are not needed, it really would save money!

What a bunch of whiny babies...none of your "need " your cars....only so you can go 10-8 at 8:00, pick up your dry cleaning, get breakfast, do other errands and get to the office about 9:30 and say you've been at work since 8!! As far as tucker, the only person he cares about is him.

The money saved by parking the cars will only save about 2-3 positions (out of 40-50 positions).

Lightbulb Re: FDLE faced with 40 - 50 layoffs

The word has just been forwarded to all the people spreading rumors and not really in the know. In reference to the layoffs the unfortunate loss of jobs will not be absorbed by the Special Agents or the crime lab analysts. Special Agents will not be layed off that is great news out of Tallahassee. The Special Agents are to valuable to the agency and the state of Florida. We are educated, experienced, trained, professionals that lead local law enforcement for assistance in investigations and the example of what a leo is and should portray. Today is a good day for the agents and the state of Florida for now. Great job for all who fought for us. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The money saved by parking the cars will only save about 2-3 positions (out of 40-50 positions).
    Don't know where you came up with that number but, It would be worth it to you if it was YOUR position being saved! Think about the 2 or 3 people that could KEEP their job!!

The word has just been forwarded to all the people spreading rumors and not really in the know. In reference to the layoffs the unfortunate loss of jobs will not be absorbed by the Special Agents or the crime lab analysts. Special Agents will not be layed off that is great news out of Tallahassee. The Special Agents are to valuable to the agency and the state of Florida. We are educated, experienced, trained, professionals that lead local law enforcement for assistance in investigations and the example of what a leo is and should portray. Today is a good day for the agents and the state of Florida for now. Great job for all who fought for us. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is great news! Lets hope the legislature approves his proposal.

Don't know where you came up with that number but, It would be worth it to you if it was YOUR position being saved! Think about the 2 or 3 people that could KEEP their job!!
    I think you misunderstood me - I would be willing to park my car if would save 2-3 positions (even non sworn positions). I was just insinuating it stinks that not all positions can be saved by cost cutting measures (as we learned by the commissioner’s recent proposal)...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast