respect

Thread: respect

respect

Trooper Travis, you stopped me for speeding , which I was. I must say being in Law enforcement for over 27 years myself. I and my family were truly impressed with your sharp military bearing presence. Your politeness, professional and public speaking skills are one that others should follow. I don't know how long you have been a Trooper, but I watched from the minute you exited your car, you were by the book. Checking the back of my vehicle,watching everyone's movements. There was nothing slobby or unprofessional about you. I want to thank you for representing Law Enforcement in the most professional way. I retired as a Police Lt. in Florida and now am working as A Tenn. Police Officer. Thank you.

Re: respect

Too Bad Trooper J W Lamm has no professionalism towards a 26 year law enforcement veteran and her military son, he should rethink his position, please visit south florida anytime, would love to give you the same treatment.

Apparently Lamm is not the only one that feels professional courtesy is not extended to other law enforcement officers. Trooper C G Taylor wrote a 25 year veteran of law enforcement a citation for not wearing a helmet. He too looked very neat and clean in his uniform and truly feels he is a premier law enforcement officer. His ego and self image could barely fit back into his vehicle. While speaking to the 25 year veteran he was concerned if the officer had any weapons and had his hand on his weapon incase the officer he stopped was going to attack him. When asked if there was any break he could give a fellow law enforcement officer, a warning citation or something. He stated not for a helmet violation and proceeded to lecture on the number of people he sees in accidents on the highway. As if the 25 year veteran he is writing the citation to has never seen a traffic accident or had to handle one.

When the 25 year veteran calls trooper Taylor on this stupid rational, Trooper Taylor says he is not going to debate it with him. He started the debate with the stupid rational about previous accidents. The issue is about professional courtesy, not if a helmet is necessary or not. If you are going to write another officer a citation dont hide behind your job or that you are saving lives by writing citations, we all know that is a bunch of crap. You have discretion and choose not to use it because you are a prick. Be a man stand up and say I am a prick and choose to write you this citation. Dont be a coward and hide behind some stupid rational of previous accidents.

Trooper Taylor you will be stopped some day and when that happens if the officer who stops you decides not to write you a citation, dont be a hypocrite and accept that. You have to now demand that he writes you a citation because if he doesnt issue the citation it could impact the number of accidents he sees on his highway. Obviously you should not ask for professional courtesy, because you dont extend it to anyone else.

To anyone that reads this, do Trooper Taylor a favor if or when he is stopped be sure and issue citations, it will make him feel better. Apparently he feels everyone deserves citations and citations will stop traffic accidents. This rational has worked so well for the last 100 years.

Hey to the last 2 that were bad mouthing the Troopers for doing their job. Yes there is such a thing as professional courtisy, its a gift that other LEO's grant use from time to time when we mess up and break the same Laws that we swore to uphold. Yes we have Officer Discretion and some of us choose to use it to treat everyone equally not let something slide just because their a cop. As the Officer makes the stop and finds out that your an LEO, active, retired or otherwise he should ask him self would i let someone thats not a LEO off with a warning if not well guess what you should be ticketed just the same as everyone else. Just because we are LEO's doesnt mean we have a magic get out of a ticket card. We are to obey the same laws as everyone else and take the bad as everyone else. Dont get me wrong i dont think troopers are god's i have may own issues with them too, but if pulled over and given a ticket guess what I was doing something not the trooper. Essentially im saying DEAL WITH IT, if ya dont like it tuff. That road that got you here from Florida is still there and will take you right back.

I can only assume from your logic that no one ever gets away from you during a traffic stop without a ticket. If you cant extend any discretion to a fellow law enforcement officer who commits a minor traffic infraction, who can you use your discretion on and what would be an example of the criteria you need to achieve the use of discretion. I will bet that there has never been an instance in the career of these troopers where discretion was thought of when conducting a traffic stop. If you believe that the only solution to get people to stop commiting traffic violations is a citation, you really need to re-think your reasons for being in law enforcement.

Whats with all this professional courtesy crap on every board. No one is above the law. If you happen to not get a ticket from a fellow cop who is on duty then thats a gift to you, not some right you have. If you get a ticket and you actually committed the offense then deal with it, its your fault, not the cop who was just doing his job.

I never write cops tickets UNLESS the cop I happen to stop is a total ace hole and just begs for it. Thats my choice to not give cops tickets, its not some code I must follow. I treat fellow officers exactly how I would like to be treated. If I were pulled over and acted like an idiot then I would fully expect to get a ticket. If i act professional and friendly if I am stopped I still expect a ticket, if I happen to not get one then thats great too.

Quote Originally Posted by prick finder
    Apparently Lamm is not the only one that feels professional courtesy is not extended to other law enforcement officers. Trooper C G Taylor wrote a 25 year veteran of law enforcement a citation for not wearing a helmet. He too looked very neat and clean in his uniform and truly feels he is a premier law enforcement officer. His ego and self image could barely fit back into his vehicle. While speaking to the 25 year veteran he was concerned if the officer had any weapons and had his hand on his weapon incase the officer he stopped was going to attack him. When asked if there was any break he could give a fellow law enforcement officer, a warning citation or something. He stated not for a helmet violation and proceeded to lecture on the number of people he sees in accidents on the highway. As if the 25 year veteran he is writing the citation to has never seen a traffic accident or had to handle one.

When the 25 year veteran calls trooper Taylor on this stupid rational, Trooper Taylor says he is not going to debate it with him. He started the debate with the stupid rational about previous accidents. The issue is about professional courtesy, not if a helmet is necessary or not. If you are going to write another officer a citation dont hide behind your job or that you are saving lives by writing citations, we all know that is a bunch of crap. You have discretion and choose not to use it because you are a prick. Be a man stand up and say I am a prick and choose to write you this citation. Dont be a coward and hide behind some stupid rational of previous accidents.

Trooper Taylor you will be stopped some day and when that happens if the officer who stops you decides not to write you a citation, dont be a hypocrite and accept that. You have to now demand that he writes you a citation because if he doesnt issue the citation it could impact the number of accidents he sees on his highway. Obviously you should not ask for professional courtesy, because you dont extend it to anyone else.

To anyone that reads this, do Trooper Taylor a favor if or when he is stopped be sure and issue citations, it will make him feel better. Apparently he feels everyone deserves citations and citations will stop traffic accidents. This rational has worked so well for the last 100 years.
    I have read and re-read your post to not only gather the content but also the 'feel' of what you were saying. I actually couldn't HELP but read it since you seem to have posted this exact same seething venom on almost every NC thread on every NC forum! If your attitude during the stop with the trooper was ANYTHING like the 'feel' of this post, I can certainly see why you were cited. With such comments like "Don't be a coward and hide behind some stupid rationale about previous accidents" (hey, I even corrected your spelling for you), "don't hide behind your job", "that you are saving lives by writing citations, we all know that is a bunch of crap" I gather that you are the type of LEO that believes the only use for traffic laws is as a great tool to get into people's cars to conduct searches and doesn't give a damn about traffic enforcement. Probably plainclothes detective, right? I can almost hear the "What's the big deal?" attitude. It IS his job, prick finder (find yourself yet?) to enforce those laws that promogulate public safety. You don't sound like a very SMART 25 year veteran because (how did you put it?) "When the 25 year veteran calls Trooper Taylor on this stupid rationale".... Congratulations, wingnut! You are telling the man his job function has no purpose and that what he is doing and believes in is STUPID!!! The one function of law enforcement and public safety that tries to prevent the thing that kills more people every single year in this country than all of the robberies, burglaries, kidnappings, carjackings; all of the 'sexy' violent crimes you try to sell to the public that you are really out there for, and you say it's "a bunch of crap"?! And man, his professional image must have really stoked your fires in more ways than one! All of this obsession about Tpr. Taylor "looked too very neat and clean in his uniform" and 'His ego and self image could barely fit back into his vehicle"; just exactly what were you looking at, anyway? It's nice to know the professional image of Tpr. Taylor will stay with you for a long time; the professional image of a trooper is supposed to do just that. But I'm beginning to wonder if there are some latent issues you need to address, perhaps? :wink: If you aren't plainclothes, they you must be the type of cop that looks like sh*t in uniform, doesn't care about it, and projects the type of image that the public shuns when they come in contact with law enforcement. The whining you are making about him asking you if there were any weapons and having his hand on his weapon during the stop is making me nauseous. I would be glad to share a video with you of a major from a large South Florida county agency attacking deputies from a large Central Florida county agency on a traffic stop, not to mention more than one LEO swinging or resisting while being investigated or detained. More than likely his hand on his weapon is from his training and years of working the road by himself with no backup for a 25 mile or more radius (something I bet you know nothing about, prick finder) and more likely a force of habit. Naaa, you more than likely decided to just ride around the country without any helmet and go into someone elses state without BOTHERING to check what the laws were, or maybe you DID know and didn't care anyway, with this "Oh it's o.k.; I'm a cop" attitude and not even giving the respect to the troopers, deputies, or officers working there. Now hear THIS 23 year veteran Florida State Trooper. If I decide to give you a break as an OFF-DUTY, OUT OF YOUR JURISDICTION law enforcement officer then it will be because 99% of it had to do with a positive "you're right, I'm wrong, sorry about the inconvenience" attitude you present. If it's a blatent violation and you act like you really don't give a dam* then you will get as much professional courtesy as you are presenting. And don't stare at my backside as I'm walking back to my patrol car, either.

I see one of my brethern has already posted a comment here. Good for him/her. If you look at most of the state police/patrol forums from around the country on this board, it is interesting that you will find the same types of posts as this one. In fact, you could just as easily swap the state agencies' names around and the reads, complaints, responses, etc. will all pretty much be the same. Why does it seem then that in most of the posts on these state police/patrol forums the troopers seem to be doing nothing other than stopping deputies/officers/agents, etc. and citing them or their family members? I KNOW there are troopers and their family members that have been written by these other entities but you rarely see them on the county or municipal OR state agencies' forums complaining about a citation they got. I have seen the comment "It must be a trooper thing" but if so, then it begs the question: Is doing things to get yourself stopped and cited a deputy/officer/agent thing? And there have to be as many or more stories about these deputies/officers/agents and their family members getting warnings from troopers (even rides home or having one called after having one too many or a criminal traffic violation, perhaps?) as there are stories about them getting cited. Where are they? If THAT many deputies/officers/agents aren't on our boards for any reason other than to gripe about a ticket they or their family member got then maybe troopers should start a thread about the deputy/officer/agent/doctor/nurse/firefighter/corrections officer/military serviceman, etc., or their family member that they did give a break to that day. And SINCE some of these same deputies/officers/agents have the audacity to come on to our boards and start a thread with the NAME of the trooper that wrote them, then maybe troopers should START NAMING THE DEPUTY/OFFICER/AGENT AND THEIR AGENCY OR THE NAME OF THEIR FAMILY MEMBER they gave a break to along with the violation they were NOT cited for that day. We would only do it, of course, because we know that SO MANY of you deputies/officers/agents and your families have read many of these attacking posts and have been meaning to do it for such a LONG time now, but just haven't gotten around to letting others know that most troopers are not all like that. Right? Riiiiight.

I have been stopped by two NC Troopers and have dealt with another regarding a car accident. All three were gentlemen. I did not have any problem.