High Risk Retirement - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: High Risk Retirement

I don't think any CSI on this site has asked to be treated the same as an officer. We fully acknowledge that officers face a risk every time they put on the uniform. BUT, we would like to know that when all these chemicals we use to catch the bad guys make us sick down the road that we have been compensated appropriately so we can take care of ourselves! Just like with asbestos, we may not know the how hazardous some of the chemicals we work with currently are until it's too late. I know in my 8 year career as CSI, departments have stopped using certain chemicals because they have been deemed too toxic to work with even in the most guarded applications. I wouldn't deny an officer his pay or protection because he doesn't get shot at every day, most officers never actually use their weapons in their own defense. So why would an officer come to this message board and type such ignorant things? (I'm assuming its an officer, BTW)

And yes, in the years of being a CSI, I have been attacked by a dog (the officer forgot to tell me the dog was there), chased by a suspect wielding a machete, had a confrontation with a rape suspect who returned to the scene, and almost walked into a homicide scene with the suspect still inside (this scene had been "CLEARED" by an FTO). The only thing that kept me from entering the scene was that the suspect came to the front door and started shouting at me. All of this and many more instances, without a gun, without a vest, and with some officer who wants to berate us and say we are not deserving of high risk pay. Nevermind the rounds of meds I have taken over the years because i have been exposed to HIV, TB, MRSA, oh yes, the non lethal but ever so much fun body lice! I respectfully ask this officer to get off our board and ***** about someone else on the police boards... or maybe they are sick of him as well!

My husband is an sworn officer and would NEVER even suggest that CSI do not deserve high risk pay, not because I am his wife, but because he sees what I go through on a daily basis and knows that some day if the chemicals I work with don't harm me then an inept cop may get me killed!!!

My thanks to CSIGIRL13...You have said a mouthful. I believe that the individual that has created all of this wanted to be an officer and failed. I think he feels that being a CSI/CST is beneath him. It is very obivous that he/she has their head up their fourth point of contact, because his arguements about stats make no sense. He doesn't know how the system really works. Our officers receive 65% of their pension if they should be injured on the job. That includes back and knee injuries. If on of my technicians should get injured for the same thing, we get and fight for Workers Comp. Same injury different result. So the next time the technician needs help getting on the roof of a building to recover a firearm, try holding the ladder. :evil:

Apparently our doubting officer feels that he alone is the savior of Law Enforcement and that anyone not wearing a gun is beneath him. It takes team work to successfully investigate a crime and the civilian members of that team are just as much involved as the officer on the scene.- from the call takers/dispatchers to the crime scene personnel. We have all worked with officers who have this mentality. They are the same officers who will cancel a back-up on a 'routine' call and moments later be screaming on the radio for a back-up. They are the officers who whine like babies when they're not cleared for their meal break and will milk a call for as long as possible, not advise when they are done but suddenly be available for a 'hot call'. They are the officers who are rude to the dispatchers and take pride in berating them on the radio.

With 30 years on the job I can tell you that no officer with this attitude has ever climbed up the ranks in my department. They never earn the respect of their co-workers.

Enjoy your career on the road and stay safe.

AntennaDeals.com

Just read the posts! good job! click here.

cheap black diamond engagement rings

Thanks for ones awesome posting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123