$60,000 vs $5,000
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

$60,000 vs $5,000

KR $60,000 available until election

VO $5,000 available until election

So Vic how's that airplane banner expense look now? All those free meals for your staff early on so they would show up at events? Plus those nice polo shirts for everyone who wanted one? I wonder how many of them will wear those shirts in public after the election?

Looks like Vic will be borrowing from his kids college fund just for gas money. I almost feel sorry for him. Then I read all the BS and mud on here and NDN and say f*ck him.

Re: $60,000 vs $5,000

There are times I am embarassed by the behavior of fellow agency members. Elections generally bring out the worst in politicians and political hacks. I don't much care who is elected, as it won't have a great effect on my life in either direction. Best of luck to all involved in the election, and hope the public knows that we are not all like the above poster.

Guest you wrote: "I don't much care who is elected, as it won't have a great effect on my life in either direction." With a statement like that I guess you do not work for our agency OR you have little experience working for an office with an elected official.

Who is elected Sheriff will have a HUGE impact on your working and personal life. If Ortino is elected Sheriff, all the tools, benefits and job condition that you enjoy so much now, which causes you to be so comfortable, will eventually be lost. The job you have now will not be the same in four years. Even the crime stats will no longer remain low.

Look at ALL of the Sheriff offices throughout Florida who had a change of Sheriff in which the new Sheriff had little to no experience in law enforcement. All of those agencies became a chaotic place of employment and they only served ONE TERM! Why, because although it sounds nice to have a fresh new person at the helm, reality is that without experience, the job is too complex to learn via OJT.

You do not like what the person who made this post states or how they stated it because it sounds mean. You need to look beyond how it was stated and really concentrate on the message. First of all, Ortino could not match contributions made to his campaign fund to the figure Rambosk has. This means that the over-all support from those who hold the purse strings within this county is not as great. Support goes a long way in obtaining what you need to run the agency. If Ortino lacks public support then the County Commissioners will run all over him. This will create a perception problem by the public and in turn will create a even bigger problem when it comes time for his employees to support him.

Then you have the managment of those funds. If he did not make the best use of his free campaign money, what makes you think he will manage the $600 million dollars that will be his total operating expense over the next 4 years.

When you start looking at the money (600 million dollars) and the responsibility to ensure the safe reputation of this county for the future (Economic impact involving nearly a million people lives) this is not a game but a serious business. You would not expect a fortune 500 company to replace its CEO by a person who has a resume similar or even a little better than Ortino. That company will choose a CEO who has a great deal of experience and education to fill that position. The citizens of Collier County are the share holders and we must do the same; fill the position with someone who is qualified to ensure a positive economic outlook for our future. (The term "Economic" is used to describe ALL of the complex issues which make up our quality of life that keep us living and working in Collier County).

Bottom line Guest, do not be so comfortable and arrogant to think that the great life you have while employed by the CCSO will continue to exist if Ortino is elected Sheriff; you have everything you enjoy today at stake so vote responsibly and vote Rambosk!

well said Curious George!

George,

I appreciate your passion; however, I have no control over such things and worrying will not change that matter. No matter who is elected, I will do my very best every day to protect the public, my team mates and my family. I just choose to control that which within my reach. Just because I don't slather my truck in Rambosk or Ortino stickers does not reflect on my employment or my ignorance. We are all on the same team, and the public reads this board....

Best of luck and stay safe.

To George,
    I would be making nice speaches like you if I were making over a hundred grand a year as a secretary. The only reason you sing this song is because you know any high school senior could take your place, while other secretaries are sitting around reading books all day.

It is really funny how when the Rambosk camp starts loosing an argument in one thread they recreate the thread again like here in hopes the other one gets burried. Rambosk should be ashamed of you want to be kiss arsses.

What's funnier is the Ortino supporters actually think they won an arguement!! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    What's funnier is the Ortino supporters actually think they won an arguement!! :lol:
    Rather what is really funny is why else would you start a new thread on the same subject. The public are not stupid, just because you treat them that way. :devil:

Your right, the public is not stupid - only you are. :devil:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast