MASTER DEPUTY
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MASTER DEPUTY

MASTER DEPUTY

HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THE MASTER PROGRAM. I WAS TOLD THAT THERE WERE ALLEGATIONS OF CHEATING AT THE FITNESS CHALLENGE COURSE AND THAT DOCOBO WAS MAKING EVERYONE RETAKE IT. I WAS TOLD THAT THE COURSE WAS VIDEO TAPED AND THERE WERE INSTRUCTORS AT EVERY STATION. I THINK THE ADMINISTRATION IS TRYING TO MAKE IT RIDICULOUSLY HARD TO QUALIFY AND NOT HAVE TO PAY OUT THE MONEY. IT IS ALREADY HARDER TO MAKE MASTER THAN TO GET PROMOTED.

Re: MASTER DEPUTY

What I can not understand is why a physical fitness standard is one of the hardest standards to be met. At one time the title of a "Master" was meant to meant to mean that you had achieved a very high level of education in your area of expertise. Not any more, it is all about looking good. You can be the dumbest deputy we have, but attend so many classes, which you can not fail, and run a course and you are treated as one of the more qualified deputies.

Quote Originally Posted by not a fat one
    What I can not understand is why a physical fitness standard is one of the hardest standards to be met. At one time the title of a "Master" was meant to meant to mean that you had achieved a very high level of education in your area of expertise. Not any more, it is all about looking good. You can be the dumbest deputy we have, but attend so many classes, which you can not fail, and run a course and you are treated as one of the more qualified deputies.

Well, the fact is that after many, many years on the job I became an "old, fat deputy." I can still pass the basic physical standards, which many people are able to walk through and pass --- but I would never be able to pass the "challenge" test.

I am highly educated and not up to where I would like to be physically, but I must admit that I agree with the greater emphasis on physical conditioning. You never know when you will be physically attacked by a felon determined to assault or kill you on the job. Physical conditioning is paramount. Loosing a case is one thing; loosing your life is another.

THAT is why the physical fitness standard is one of the hardest standards to be met.

:!:

You have to do 3 pullups from the hanging position. 100%

I missed $3,000 by one pullup. My 25 years of experience mean nothing.

Been here over 25 years, ran the entire course and no problems. It's up to the individual to stay in shape. A personal choice that some make, some don't.

Not everyone is the same and not all are men. I would love to qualify for Master Deputy, but never will, even though I meet all qualifications with the exception of the ridiculous run. I am not a runner, and never will be. When I was hired, running long distances was not a requirement. I built my career on the standards of the time I was hired. I am a woman with a big chest. When the Chief straps on two five pound bags of sugar and makes the run, I will be right behind him. Running has been long known to be harmful to the female anatomy, and the requirement is discriminatory against people with breasts of size. Go ahead laugh, I am too. I have seen experienced runners vomiting after the fitness challenge and gasping for breath. The day will come when someone trying to please the standards arbitrarily set by the brass will die of a heart attack out there. Then they MAY reevaluate, but then again, probably not.

One would think a "master" is a person that has reached the highest level of knowledge in their area of work. To me this could be achieved by a test in the area of laws that we are sworn to uphold, along with the SOP and report writing skills.

Including something like the fitness challenge is only going to open the office up to a law suit.

As a citizen I would rather have an out of shape deputy that knows his stuff helping me as a victim than I would some running little geek that is as stupid as a conk.

Been here over 25 years, ran the entire course and no problems. It's up to the individual to stay in shape. A personal choice that some make, some don't.
    People have different limitations, I can run 3 miles without blinking an eye, I can do plenty of push ups, however I have always strugled with pull ups. I think I am in great shape. In fact I think I am in better shape than most of the staff members who run this agency. In fact I think every requirment of the Master Deputy Program should be performed and passed by every major and above. Lets see them complete the challenge and post how they did. I'm gonna say the majority would fail it. Its great when staff sets standards for deputies that they themselves cannot do.

I would like to know why there is less requirements to make Corporal then to make Master Deputy. Less requirements and then you are a SUPERVISOR? Maaster Deputy is a title not a promotion.

[quote=My experience]
    Quote Originally Posted by "not a fat one":30y2d3l8

Well, the fact is that after many, many years on the job I became an "old, fat deputy." I can still pass the basic physical standards, which many people are able to walk through and pass --- but I would never be able to pass the "challenge" test.

I am highly educated and not up to where I would like to be physically, but I must admit that I agree with the greater emphasis on physical conditioning. You never know when you will be physically attacked by a felon determined to assault or kill you on the job. Physical conditioning is paramount. Loosing a case is one thing; loosing your life is another.

THAT is why the physical fitness standard is one of the hardest standards to be met.

:!:[/quote:30y2d3l8]

The fact that you declare the you "would never be able to pass the "challenge" test," shows a severe lack in character and personal pride and determination. And don't reply with the I'm just being realistic crap.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast