OCSO pay scale

Thread: OCSO pay scale

OCSO pay scale

What is the S.O.'s current pay scale? I know base and lateral, but I can't find the steps or top out. Also, I saw on the Central Florida PBA site that the Sheriff agreed to a new, revised pay scale {http://www.cfpba.org/pdf/2009-ocso-pay-full.pdf}. 40k starting -67k at step 14. what do you guys think?

Re: OCSO pay scale

Although the Sheriff agreed to the pay raise, the County is not funding it. It was a lousy pay raise any way and did nothing to solve the compression issues we currently have.

What is the current pay scale at OCSO, I cannot find it anywhere? What kind of raise are you guys getting in October?

I've been looking for quite a while also.. and can't find anything of value

The pay scale is so screwed up due to the PBA selling a fake bill of goods. There are deputies that were hired 4 years ago WITH experience (at a higher scale) that are now making, in some cases, less than new hires today. They literally would be better off quiting and getting rehired as a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by It sucks
    The pay scale is so screwed up due to the PBA selling a fake bill of goods. There are deputies that were hired 4 years ago WITH experience (at a higher scale) that are now making, in some cases, less than new hires today. They literally would be better off quiting and getting rehired as a rookie.
    I say we find a new Union!

We don't need a new union... we just need voting members that have the balls to say no to a contract and show the county we mean business. How the last contract got ratified is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    We don't need a new union... we just need voting members that have the balls to say no to a contract and show the county we mean business. How the last contract got ratified is beyond me.
    Our union is in the Sheriffs back pocket.