LE Sgt Test Screw Up 8-5-08 - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: LE Sgt Test Screw Up 8-5-08

The number of reviews/rebuttals do not bear any real evidence on the fairness of the process. That goes to EGO, EGO, and more EGO. Just like we are the best at self proclaimed titles, many also think that they are better performers than they really are. Many of our EGOS are so big that we cannot even fathom the possibility that we really didn't do all that good.

It could not have been their performance, or lack thereof. No way! There had to be something wrong with the process. It had to be rigged, other people had to have inside information, the assessors "had it out for me", the "department doesn't like me", "I could not have gotten a fair shake", etc. This all helps to perpetuate the work of the "conspiracy theorists" and the idea that "misery loves company."

Some (not many) want to attack the credibility of the process and anyone who had anything to do with it. For some, it's more popular to do that. There are typically very few reviews/rebuttals when these testing processes are administered. The reason for that is because most of the candidates know that the process, by in large, is fair and they believe that they received a fair shake, and for most, that's all they're looking for.

and last time? A guy went from a 2.7 to a 5.6 out of 7 with a rebuttal...

This is IMPOSSIBLE according to you because the evaluators were "trained" in the standards......

You need to smell what your shoveling...

Quote Originally Posted by ..
    Well how come over 40 of the approx 80 candidates in this "fair" process put in for review/rebuttal ??
    Thats Easy, because most people bombed it and they know they had to perform very well to get into a promotable status. So, basically since they were not in a promotable status they had absolutely nothing to lose because they are not getting promoted anyways.

OK, next stupid question. :evil:

THE WHOLE PROCESS IS WRONG. NEVER SHOULD AN AGENCY GRADE IT'S OWN PEOPLE. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE OUTSIDE THE AGENCY. I DIDN'T TAKE THE EXAM DUE TO CAREER DEPUTY BUT THE SCORES OF THE SECOND HALF SHOW THAT THOSE WHO SCORED HIGH ON THE WRITTEN ALSO SCORED HIGH THE SECOND PART. I KNOW THERE IS NO PROOF, BUT THE ODDS IF YOU ARE A GAMBLER ARE PRETTY GOOD SOMEONE HAD SOME HELP. SORRY IF THIS UPSETS THOSE WHO SCORED HIGH BUT I AM GOING ON WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND HEARD. THIS PROCESS WAS A FAILURE FROM THE GET GO. THOSE WHO POST AFTER THIS ARE GOING TO BASH ME, SO I WOULD ASSUME THEY ARE THE ONES WHO HAD SOME HELP.

TAKE IT LIKE MEN AND WOMEN AND KNOW YOU ALL DID GREAT AND DESIRE BETTER TESTING FROM HR.

NOW LETS HEAR ALL THE BASHING FOR WHAT I SAID HERE, I AM WAITING...............LET'S SEE, I MUST BE A ROOKIE OR BETTER AN OLD FART WHO NEVER HAD THE GUTS TO TAKE THE EXAM....OR I AM TOO STUPID TO TAKE THE EXAM...COME ON BASH ME FOR SPEAKING MY MINED.......WHIMPS

I won't bash you because I'm a bigger person than that. Just a bit of constructive criticism though, because you make it to easy to pass up.

Opinions are great, but you need to be able to back them up. Or, they just go to the old cliche' that describes how everyone has one. Make yours unique. You know, something with substance. If the best that you can do is........those candidates that did well on all parts of the process works "against the odds" and you believe that they had help because of what you've "heard", seems pretty weak in terms of a compelling argument. And, "assumptions".......well, you know what those equate to. Especially when there not supported by much of anything, except a mere hunch. That and a $1.67 will get you a cup of coffee at D&D, at places where we're charged full freight.

Since I can't determine whether you are "the rookie" or the "ole fart", I'll refrain from making any assumptions, playing the odds, or throwing out some opinion that I cannot fairly support.

BRAVO TO THE SHERIFF!!!

Just got the email that he is giving us 4 hours for the inconvenience of JS' incompetence. The boss is all class and deserves our loyalty in the election.

I do however encourage any of you that feel betrayed by the incompetence, i.e. the leaks of test questions, people studying in the cafeteria before the test, subjective scoring, etc etc etc, make the beef with the PBA. The more voices heard, the more justice will be done.

Again, to the boss, thanks for making things right for what we went through during round one.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567