Cages - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cages

Re: Cages

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Cages are not a case of whether you are a real Trooper or not, they are a case of officer safety, period. Regardless of your feelings of rookies or veterans, every single patrol car that is required to transport a prisoner or other detainee no matter how infrequently should have a cage. You never know what a person is capable of or what they will do once you as a law enforcement officer place them into custody. No amount of “Trooper B.S.” and your make believe “Trooper respect” can determine how desperate a person may be not to go to jail. That guy that you arrest for DUI or DUS may seem like the nicest guy in the world. For all you know he just killed three people 20 minutes ago and nobody found the bodies yet. Trust me when I tell you that this type of person will stop at nothing to get away and will kill you dead, he has nothing to lose. Look at the Tampa detectives who were killed several years ago where the guy also later killed Trooper Crooks. Seemed like a nice guy to the detectives, didn’t give them any trouble, walked them around the scene chit-chatting about what had happened, developed a real friendly relationship with the detectives and then took one of their guns and killed them both because he was riding in a car without a cage which also ultimately resulted in a Trooper getting killed as well. So you macho vets and ignorant rookies save your “I’m a Trooper and people respect me because I know how to talk to people” crap for someone else. This is just another classic example of FHP and the State of Florida failing to provide the necessary equipment to do your jobs so you can go home at the end of your shift each day.
    Don't blame it on Tally and poor equipment. Everyone who wants a cage gets one. If you don't see a cage in a marked car its because that Trooper didn't want one. Unless you are a BOI , Maj. Capt. Lt. etc., otherwise everyone who want one gets one. I personally think everyone from sgt. down should get one whether they want it or not....just my opinion.

Cages are not a case of whether you are a real Trooper or not, they are a case of officer safety, period. Regardless of your feelings of rookies or veterans, every single patrol car that is required to transport a prisoner or other detainee no matter how infrequently should have a cage. You never know what a person is capable of or what they will do once you as a law enforcement officer place them into custody. No amount of “Trooper B.S.” and your make believe “Trooper respect” can determine how desperate a person may be not to go to jail. That guy that you arrest for DUI or DUS may seem like the nicest guy in the world. For all you know he just killed three people 20 minutes ago and nobody found the bodies yet. Trust me when I tell you that this type of person will stop at nothing to get away and will kill you dead, he has nothing to lose. Look at the Tampa detectives who were killed several years ago where the guy also later killed Trooper Crooks. Seemed like a nice guy to the detectives, didn’t give them any trouble, walked them around the scene chit-chatting about what had happened, developed a real friendly relationship with the detectives and then took one of their guns and killed them both because he was riding in a car without a cage which also ultimately resulted in a Trooper getting killed as well. So you macho vets and ignorant rookies save your “I’m a Trooper and people respect me because I know how to talk to people” crap for someone else. This is just another classic example of FHP and the State of Florida failing to provide the necessary equipment to do your jobs so you can go home at the end of your shift each day.
    Don't blame it on Tally and poor equipment. Everyone who wants a cage gets one. If you don't see a cage in a marked car its because that Trooper didn't want one. Unless you are a BOI , Maj. Capt. Lt. etc., otherwise everyone who want one gets one. I personally think everyone from sgt. down should get one whether they want it or not....just my opinion.
    WRONG!!!! Tough guy, I've been requesting a cage for over a year and all I hear is crickets!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S Fl Trooper
    WRONG!!!! Tough guy, I've been requesting a cage for over a year and all I hear is crickets!!!!
    I don't know what Troop you are in, but I have never heard of anyone that wants one not getting one in at least the last 5 or so years. Im not saying I dont believe you Im just saying Im not hearing that. I would go higher than if all your hearing is crickets. And you dont have to get sarcastic by calling me tough guy.

LOL, I'm sorry brother, you said that with so much confidence that it ticked me off for the moment.

Well look at my name and it should tell you what Troop I'm in. I Have asked repeatedly, put in requests, all the way up to LT. Even offered to drive a spare (another clue :lol: ) to the shop to take it out and put it in mine....... all shot down. All I get is, "I'll check, we'll get you one."

Should I take this to a Cpt.?

If so, SUCCI HELP!!!! J/k

Stay safe guys. :cop:

LOL, I'm sorry brother, you said that with so much confidence that it ticked me off for the moment.

Well look at my name and it should tell you what Troop I'm in. I Have asked repeatedly, put in requests, all the way up to LT. Even offered to drive a spare (another clue :lol: ) to the shop to take it out and put it in mine....... all shot down. All I get is, "I'll check, we'll get you one."

For every car that is being traded we get a spreadsheet that we have to complete. Cage - Yes or No, Shotgun Rack - Yes or No and roof or floor mount if no cage.

If your car is being traded then you should be given the options. No one in the troop has to do anything but tell them what you want installed. When I trade a spare I assign it out and contact the trooper and tell him/her she is getting a new car and ask what they want installed. I spent a total of 5 minutes of my coffee time!!

If you are not getting the choices I described, then take it up the chain or contact the OOM. I just can't believe this simple solution is not being afforded to everyone.

Captain Jeffrey L. Succi

Great fcking post man!! Love it! You are dead on!

same here! :x

[quote=Captain Succi]
    Quote Originally Posted by "S Fl Trooper":2rnminpg

Thanks Captain. Its the same as the printer issue. Some brass just want to pass the buck and not do anything in regards to the request. This needs to change. Thank you sir.

For every car that is being traded we get a spreadsheet that we have to complete. Cage - Yes or No, Shotgun Rack - Yes or No and roof or floor mount if no cage.

If your car is being traded then you should be given the options. No one in the troop has to do anything but tell them what you want installed. When I trade a spare I assign it out and contact the trooper and tell him/her she is getting a new car and ask what they want installed. I spent a total of 5 minutes of my coffee time!!

If you are not getting the choices I described, then take it up the chain or contact the OOM. I just can't believe this simple solution is not being afforded to everyone.

Captain Jeffrey L. Succi[/quote:2rnminpg]

I have to agree with others who are in favor of the cage... It shouldn't even be a issue for PATROL vehicles (either marked or super-sneaky unmarked).. If you have the chance of transport, then you get a cage.. Hell.. Even CID guy's need cage's half of the time.. I see where the Capt. is coming from on how you want your car setup, but.. 99.9% of agencies don't give you the option of how the car is set.. You get your car, radio, rifle rack, CAGE, yada yada.. If you want it tinted that's your own deal, but...as far as the equipment in the car.. you should be able to jump from car 1 to car 10 to car 30 and it be basically the same.

Has anyone seen the new cages they put in the Chargers? They have a thin plastic material on the sides like the face shield in the blood borne pathogen kit. It is held together with velcro. Hard to believe this is the best we could find. We are not the 1st agency to get Chargers by a long shot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast