traffic position - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Lightbulb Re: traffic position

Well, for what it is worth, I put in for both positions. I can affirm that the oral board questions were indeed drawn from directives and SOP's. I don't know what my score was on either board, but I can tell you that I bombed the first oral board for the day shift position. I was not as prepared as I thought I was and I know I did not answer well to the questions asked. Also, I knew I was running against some very knowledgeable and serious contenders for both slots. I don't feel cheated or jaded by the board's selection for the two officers that were chosen for these positions. I do know that I intend to be better prepared for when another spot opens up. Anyway, just my opinion of course, not that it means anything in the grand scheme of things. I truly enjoy working with all of you and will continue to strive for improvement. Stay safe! 431 :wink:

Re: traffic position

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    if you think for one second that one person on those boards cannot sway a score one way or the other to get who they want to get the high scores, especially on scores that are close youre so mistaken. there are way2FTIIs to make the score accommodate those that want certain people. do not fool yourself.
    You are so correct ? Good reply to the post above and they certainly accomadated scores and fiddle the process.We know you know

yep no need for the poster to appologize for anything they said

it went stripes for stripes and not the most qualified as it was stated it would

go figure

chief where are you?
    The Chief made the decision. Before you go spouting off, you may want to ask the officers on the oral board what the circumstances were. From what I have been told, apparently some seasoned vets didn't study the directives like some of the their younger "less experienced" counter parts. Its hard to score well on certain areas of oral boards when you don't review the directives and you get oral board questions incorrect. Buth then we should just pick right the most qualified...I wonder who should make the decision. I suppose the Chief...i.e "Chief where are you?"

Wait, didn't we have a lawsuit a few years ago that led to us changing from picking the Chief's opinion of most qualified to an oral board process? Oh now I remember, yes we did.

I guess we should just forget that little ole thing...
    The seasoned guy was to busy taking calls while the new super cpl was tsudying the directives.........................

yep no need for the poster to appologize for anything they said

it went stripes for stripes and not the most qualified as it was stated it would

go figure

chief where are you?
    The Chief made the decision. Before you go spouting off, you may want to ask the officers on the oral board what the circumstances were. From what I have been told, apparently some seasoned vets didn't study the directives like some of the their younger "less experienced" counter parts. Its hard to score well on certain areas of oral boards when you don't review the directives and you get oral board questions incorrect. Buth then we should just pick right the most qualified...I wonder who should make the decision. I suppose the Chief...i.e "Chief where are you?"

Wait, didn't we have a lawsuit a few years ago that led to us changing from picking the Chief's opinion of most qualified to an oral board process? Oh now I remember, yes we did.

I guess we should just forget that little ole thing...
    The seasoned guy was to busy taking calls while the new super cpl was tsudying the directives.........................
    Which one is it.....Pick an excuse, you can't have them all. Was it, the senior guy was jaded by an unfair score, or was he disadvantaged because he was too overworked to properly prepare himself? R.M. is no doubt qualified. However, after the suit, we became a different agency on how selections are made. Study is not part of the preparation process as 431 attested to up top. If you get outstudied, that is no ones fault but your own. You can study on your own time you know.

As for 431, I applaud your post and effort to set the record straight. You sir are a true professional. Those involved in the sport of conspiracy theory should take note on how non-selection should be handled. That is exactly why I am confident that soon you will get the position you seek. Congrats on graceful denial. Others should take notice.

Thanks T.S. for the pep talk!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wrong again, but keep trying. Believe it or not, there are many more that disagree with you than agree with you. The funny part is, many that will agree with you to your face, roll their eyes and laugh at you when you are walking away. Their thoughts; man it must suck to be so miserable.

Wrong again, but keep trying. Believe it or not, there are many more that disagree with you than agree with you. The funny part is, many that will agree with you to your face, roll their eyes and laugh at you when you are walking away. Their thoughts; man it must suck to be so miserable.
    Just got on here and got some good cheap entertainment. Especially this guy or gal....Obvious to see that this person, who claims to be the majority, is the only one posting all of this defensive BS. No, most don't think like you. The normal people have a life and family outside of this place. You might want to try it 8)

Just got on here and got some good cheap entertainment. Especially this guy or gal....Obvious to see that this person, who claims to be the majority, is the only one posting all of this defensive BS. No, most don't think like you. The normal people have a life and family outside of this place. You might want to try it 8)
    Weak spin attempt.... Two, nearly three days of no comments and that is the best you can muster...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789