Boynton Beach PD Going Green - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Boynton Beach PD Going Green

Yawn... would PBSO please get off of our board and go dream about getting bigger someplace else? Really, it's getting old already.

Just wait and see how it goes with Lake Worth. They are sadly mistaken, on anything changing. The only difference is now the citizens will never see a cop. I live in SO jurisdiction and never see a cop in my neighborhood. If I want to see them I just run up to 7-11, there are always at least 4 units hanging out there. PBSO's specialized units do a decent job, but road patrol are a bunch of slugs.

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreen
    Just wait and see how it goes with Lake Worth. They are sadly mistaken, on anything changing. The only difference is now the citizens will never see a cop. I live in SO jurisdiction and never see a cop in my neighborhood. If I want to see them I just run up to 7-11, there are always at least 4 units hanging out there. PBSO's specialized units do a decent job, but road patrol are a bunch of slugs.
    THEN MOVE!!!!!!!!!

Yawn... would PBSO please get off of our board and go dream about getting bigger someplace else? Really, it's getting old already.

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreen

I live in Boynton and never see a Boynton officer in my neighborhood. It goes both ways, I can go to the Golden Corral and see an entire shift eating and calls are stacking. Delayed burglaries hold for hours in the city limits. You must be real scum to badmouth another police agency. Go ask residents in Wellington and Royal Palm and all the contract cities, PBSO is everywhere. Yes, the unincorporated area is less staffed, but that's the way it is all over the state. Wellington has more Deputies than Boynton has officers on a shift. Don't come on here tooting your own whistle because last time I checked Boynton has huge crime problem. Get back to work and maybe that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Greener Grass (not always)
    The grass is not always greener with the green. Having worked for both agencies (BBPD and PBSO, currently employed at PBSO), I would go back to BBPD in a heartbeat with their new leadership. I left under the M. Gage rule, and I made the right choice at the time, however, I wish I would have stuck it out. PBSO is a lot more political, and a lot more bullshit to deal with. Under the new reign at BBPD, you are more able to be a cop. PBSO is not all it is cracked up to be unless you have perfected your d**k sucking skills.

If I was BBPD, DBPD, or Boca PD, I'd hold out as long as your budget allows.
    I guess you couldn't make it as a Deputy. I too worked for both places, and PBSO is a lot better. I talk with Boynton Officers and the same crap happens there as it does anywhere. I haven't heard on anyone wanting to go back to a city PD after working for the Sheriff. You must be trying to stir the pot

I can’t believe what I am reading. Two professional law enforcement officers bashing one another and their agencies. I work for a city police force in PBC, and happen to live in Wellington, and have relatives who live in the city limits of Boynton Beach. I can say this, driving down the street in Wellington, you will almost always run into a Green and White, the SO is everywhere out here and in Royal Palm. Per State Law, the unincorporated areas have always had fewer officers per population than a city. When I visit my family in Boynton Beach, I often see BBPD doing their jobs. I have seen many officers hanging out together in the city late at night. Big deal every police agency does this. I also know PBSO does not transport their own prisoners unless they work central part of the county. A lot of Deputies transport their prisoners to 7-11, at Le Chalet and Military or Hypo and Lawrence to do their paperwork while awaiting transport. Honestly, this bickering has to stop. Everyone has their opinion and both BBPD and PBSO are awesome agencies with great leadership. I like bigger agencies, and mobility, but I know Boynton would be a fun place to work. Instead of bashing one another, remember when it hits the fan like it did a couple of days ago we are all coming to help. The last chase involving BBPD had BSO, Delray, FHP, and PBSO helicopter involved. When I fighting for my life, I don’t care who is coming as long as you’re on the same team. The citizens don’t care what color uniform we wear, they still don’t like us.
    I have friends working for BBPD and PBSO. The same political BS happens in both places, and certain people are selected to units based on how much butt they kiss. Welcome to life, this happens everywhere. PBSO is not nearly as political as say Boca, Palm Beach, Gardens, Delray and so on. BBPD has a good administration now as does PBSO but that can always change. We have a Sheriff who is fighting for his troops and does not back down. That was even posted on the Delray forum, that’s great. BBPD has a Chief who does the same. The color of the uniform does not make a police any better than another, it comes down to the individual. Two people bashing each other show both agencies in a negative light. Stay safe.

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Blow it out your ass. If you think what you read in the paper is accurate...especially from ANYTHING written by Erika Pesantes, you're a freaking moron. PBSO has a $34 mil budget shortfall - they are the ones in need of help. In fact, as I understand it, BBPD is looking to expand west to increase the size of their tax base so in actuality, a small part of PBSO is going NAVY blue! Sucka!
    As a member of COWBRA, we will not allow BBPD to move west. We have to vote in favor of it of any annexations, and I can assure you it will not happen. We love our Deputies and our District 6 commander. We call and they are here fast, and they are always professional. Having lived in the city limits a short time ago I can't say the same for BBPD. There are no talks of annexations at this time. The accusation made by what I’m guessing is a Boynton Police Officer against PBSO is grossly untrue. I see Deputies in my neighborhood every week as they have directed patrol assignments in every community. Sorry to chime in on your board, but I can't stand those who make ignorant frivolous statements. I do not discredit Boynton PD they have a lot more going on than probably any city their size in PBC. I do wish the best for a speedy recovery to your Sergeant, and hope you all stay safe.

As long as Chief Immler is at Boynton, I doubt we are merging with anyone. Our department and Chief are setting the standard for other departments in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    As long as Chief Immler is at Boynton, I doubt we are merging with anyone. Our department and Chief are setting the standard for other departments in the area.
    No way is BBPD setting any standards. It's a good department, but not all that great. Immler is 10-8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast