Hiring

Thread: Hiring

Hiring

I would like some constructive comments about what to expect during an upcoming interview for your agency. I have already pulled yearly reports, various types of investiagtions you do, along with as much current info that I could find on the web. I am a long time Dade County LEO with most of my years in major crime investigations. I also worked side by side with FDLE, ATF, FBI and SAO.. had many Grand Jury Cases, etc. Thanks!
    Also what can I expect at the academy in Tallahassee ?

Be Afraid.
    Be very afraid.
    :shock:

The job can be fun if you like the paper and technical aspects of healthcare fraud. Which office are you applying at? Miami has a new Captain. Very good. The 40 hour basic is new and is a general overview of Medicaid and techniques. A good background in economic or white collar crime is good but if you are willing to learn you shouldn't have any problems. You would be working directly with attorneys on the investigations, hence the name Office of the Attorney General. Good luck on the interview.

Thanks.

Thank You sir.. Miami, but willing to go anywhere.

Re: Hiring

Just completed the interview and it was professional, not bad at all. The staff I feel were fair and treated me with respect ! I did feel feel not prepaired for the questions asked, not their fault but walked out giving my best. My impression was a hard but fair process. Don't be afraid go for it, good luck.

Now that several weeks of interviews are over... when will you be hiring and notifying those who will move on ? Also will it be before Oct 1 as I heard cuts will take place ... is this true?

Forget it unless your from New York, retired, and have grey hair.

Or if you are from Miami and bald!

Watch out for those Staties.