WE WANT ASP'S - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WE WANT ASP'S

Succi just posted a link to the pr24xts. It's retractable and pretty sweet looking.

I think it's safe to say having carried an ASP for the last 10 years, they are a WASTE of time for the most part. Unless it is used exactly as trained (and we all know that never happens) it's not going to work as it should. I don't carry mine and leave it in the truck for pickin thru trashcan's on scenes. I just have my spray and lightening rod.

I'd choose a PR-24 or that new expand. version anyday over the ASP.. But..That's my choice..

Non the less....BE SAFE...and play hard!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dan1065cf

Same to you brother!

:roll: PR-24's are big, bulky and akward. I can't remenber the last time I saw a trooper carry one including the collaspable ones. The ASP is simple, compact and effective. Ask any criminal who's been on the receiving end. Most troopers will carry it since it is so compact and a little smaller than the pepper spray pouch. Having something that is simple, effective and troopers will actually carry, is the name of the game.

I might not have room for my Taser if I have an asp on there..

Im a size 34.

Since no one is willing to carry the PR24, keeping it in service is probably just another way to indirectly prevent uses of force. We all know FHP is all about smoke/mirrors and never having to go hands on. Then again, maybe this is changing with the onset of Tasers?

Anyone with BOI here that can tell us how many uses of force before a file is started on a member??

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Since no one is willing to carry the PR24, keeping it in service is probably just another way to indirectly prevent uses of force. We all know FHP is all about smoke/mirrors and never having to go hands on. Then again, maybe this is changing with the onset of Tasers?

Anyone with BOI here that can tell us how many uses of force before a file is started on a member??
    things are changing for the good!

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Citizen
    I agree. We should have them FWC, DEP, and DOT carry them. :idea:
    Even ABT has them. They are great for breaking up bags of ice at the boat ramp.
    As an ABT agent I have used my ASP many times to break up liquor bottles confiscated from underage minors. On a more serious note, several agents have had to use their ASPS over the years to defend themselves and their partners during fights. In all my years I have used my ASP only three times, twice in a fight and the other to break a window to save a life. As as agent so far just to break up some bottles. But it is nice to have and easy to carry. I can not believe you guys are still carrying the PR-24. I remember getting training on them in the academy more than twelve years ago, but was never issued one at my old agency or this one. WOW! Your admin. needs to move you into the new century. We all need tazers as well.

Re: Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Citizen
    I agree. We should have them FWC, DEP, and DOT carry them. :idea:
    Even ABT has them. They are great for breaking up bags of ice at the boat ramp.
    As an ABT agent I have used my ASP many times to break up liquor bottles confiscated from underage minors. On a more serious note, several agents have had to use their ASPS over the years to defend themselves and their partners during fights. In all my years I have used my ASP only three times, twice in a fight and the other to break a window to save a life. As as agent so far just to break up some bottles. But it is nice to have and easy to carry. I can not believe you guys are still carrying the PR-24. I remember getting training on them in the academy more than twelve years ago, but was never issued one at my old agency or this one. WOW! Your admin. needs to move you into the new century. We all need tazers as well.
    Why do we need tasers? You clearly state in your post that you have only had to use your ASP three times. The only thing a taser going to do is drag down the patrol even farther, troopers will be tasing people instead teating people with respect.

I predict that within 6 months of them being issued the patrol will have its first taser related death.

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by dan1065cf
    I think it's safe to say having carried an ASP for the last 10 years, they are a WASTE of time for the most part. Unless it is used exactly as trained (and we all know that never happens) it's not going to work as it should. I don't carry mine and leave it in the truck for pickin thru trashcan's on scenes. I just have my spray and lightening rod.

I'd choose a PR-24 or that new expand. version anyday over the ASP.. But..That's my choice..

Really? The expand pr24 is ok but the ASP is much more modern and easier to carry in my opinion.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast