Best Sergeant - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Sergeant

Re: Best Sergeant

What is going on with Sgt Westfall? He is a good man. The agency should not make him an example. There are a lot more deserving sergeants of this honor.

Sgt Westfall is clearly one of, if not the most active Sgt in the agency. We all hear him on the radio doing traffic, finding dope, making arrests and backing up his shift. He does more stuff and accomplishes more than many patrol deputies. I know the Deltona admin doesn't like the Sgt's out working, but it seems Westfall is always taking care of business and be productive at the same time. Many Sgt's are overloaded without ever leaving the office...

His situation is a good example of why so morale is at an all time low. It's not just pay or the union. It's how we see each other being treated.
    I have never understood why when something is so good and working like a well oiled machine, someone changes it and screws it up.

That is a good point. Was it broken before? No. Why make changes? People trying to make a name for themselves and trying to get promoted (or something). It is county wide....

Smile Re: Best Sergeant

All I know is Westfall's shift wants him back. They rave about him. Westfall went to Deltona where Sgt's are normally sent for punishment - and he did excellent with a great attitude. He stayed on top of his responsibilities and kept his shift motivated. He's a true leader.

Even the Deltona brass realized how well Westfall was doing. Bravo shift was often purposely left out of the nasty grams from the brass. It seemed he was the only experienced supervisor in Deltona.

I agree. We want him back! Too many sergeants are too quick to write people up for nothing. Just to show the "brass" something. Sgt Westfall was different. He was a leader (which is kind of rare with some of the new sergeants).

I don't think Sgt. Westfall has done anything wrong (unless you consider that he's not really the 'good ol boy' type). If there was any evidence of him doing anything wrong, internal affairs would have already presented it and taken action. It's time for his name to be cleared and for him to GO BACK TO DELTONA BRAVO shift.

Are there any other good Sgts in the agency?

I guess there are about 3-4 sergeants that made the list. Kind of sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I guess there are about 3-4 sergeants that made the list. Kind of sad.
    That's REAL sad...

Any idea when they are gonna finish trying to make Westfall look bad?

They need to drop it and focus on something legitimate.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast