Budget-cuts--On-call pay is suspended - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

drop

2 things. First off why fight amongst ourselves? This is the time to come together and unite against the man who's keepin us down. 2nd, I am not in the drop and years away but why bash these guys? They have earned to be there and most still do good work. There are useless Agents who have been here 2 years and 28 years so don't bunch them all together. Lets get back to the issues of losing money and not feeding on each other.

Losing money is a reality. It could be worse - jobs are next. You are not guaranteed anything. Welcome to the Great State of Florida. There are many avenues toward part-time jobs to help make up your loss. Some of your co-workers have already figured it out. You may want to join them before all the good gigs where they pay you for doing nothing are taken.

Re: drop

Quote Originally Posted by guest5
    2 things. First off why fight amongst ourselves? This is the time to come together and unite against the man who's keepin us down. 2nd, I am not in the drop and years away but why bash these guys? They have earned to be there and most still do good work. There are useless Agents who have been here 2 years and 28 years so don't bunch them all together. Lets get back to the issues of losing money and not feeding on each other.
    Unite against the man? Are you serious...you stuck in the 60's? We have no rights folks when it comes to money and/or jobs being cut..period. PBA can kick and fuss all they want, but when it comes down to it..they can't do squat. If the money ain't there...it ain't there.

If it comes down to cutting jobs, those who are "retired" should be the first asked to exit graciously. DROP is not a guarantee that you CAN keep your job for the entire period of time. It's a privilege the state let's you have. And no whining about whose gonna teach the rest of us how to be cops if the old guys leave....most of us did real cop work before we got here and weren't internal hires...so we'll be okay.

f

60's? Are you friggin kidding. U sould like the biggest bunch of *****'s! No wonder Florida is last in LEO pay in the country. "You're just happy to have a job" right! Well I am not happy to be friggin making less today than 2 years ago. Go ahead lay people off, i'll make more on unemployment. And I don't know where u are at, but there are no off duty details by me so pretty much what you get in that check is it.

We have the lowest pay because we have a legislative and an executive branch that doesnt' have a backbone when it comes to taking care of any of the state workers other than themselves and their staff. Has nothing to do with our attitudes....all we can do is ask and ask and all they do is say no and make more cuts. Most of the off duty around the state is being worked by the locals who undercut our rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    We have the lowest pay because we have a legislative and an executive branch that doesnt' have a backbone when it comes to taking care of any of the state workers other than themselves and their staff. Has nothing to do with our attitudes....all we can do is ask and ask and all they do is say no and make more cuts. Most of the off duty around the state is being worked by the locals who undercut our rates.

Maybe, and this is just a random thought...Maybe it is time to reevaluate what you think you are worth in the secondary employment market.

Maybe, and this is just a random thought...Maybe it is time to reevaluate what you think you are worth in the secondary employment market.
    It isn't worth it at all if it starts a low bidding war....

Nothing wrong with "low bid" after all, everything the state has provided you came from the "lowest bidder."

I do understand your point, however.

Looks like they are going to cut another 10% - this is alarming since the current expenditure cut backs only contend with the initial 4% set forth by the legislators. I wonder what’s next...

It is comforting to see the majority of the disgruntled "guests" posting comments are doing so during work hours. So much for following P&P's and setting the example of being the leaders in Law Enforcement.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast