Finch Texas Ranger...err I mean..USF Ranger
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Finch Texas Ranger...err I mean..USF Ranger

The head Karate guy, I'm always right and your always wrong..., fired off a live round from his pistol during training?....geez!. It makes me scared now thinking of the training I went through with him pointing his gun around. Will he be discplined for this action? I sincerelly hope so, this is totally an unacceptable practice!

Did the people in training with him that day do a Flench reaction and then compose themselves, and react in a Spear move stance when the gun shot went off?

Equally shocked... but totally supportive of the Sergeant. I was hoping it wouldn't show up here. He is a good man, and has been only helpful and supportive to me. I wasn't there, but I will take a few rounds fired over my head if they will just bring back the MPO program.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Did the people in training with him that day do a Flench reaction and then compose themselves, and react in a Spear move stance when the gun shot went off?
    LOL!

This post is completely unnecessary.

This post is completely unnecessary.
    Very true

Equally shocked... but totally supportive of the Sergeant. I was hoping it wouldn't show up here. He is a good man, and has been only helpful and supportive to me. I wasn't there, but I will take a few rounds fired over my head if they will just bring back the MPO program.
    Same here. Very supportive. Accidents happen to everyone at some time. This person has brought our training program up to par if not beyond that of what I ever expected to see at a small agency. Glad no one got hurt. That's the main thing.

Well, first off, you need to call it what it was - a NEGLIGENT discharge, not an accident. An accident was something you stopped having when you mastered the use of the toilet. Training deaths in Law Enforcement are far and away more costly than 'traditional' line of duty deaths. They are simply unacceptable. Period. Thats why IALEFI, NTOA, and other reputable professional associations are studying training deaths.

Examine how/why it happened. Determine who caused it to happen. And create policy and procedure to ensure it doesn't happen again. I venture to say no new policy will be forthcoming because existing policies and procedures probably already exist. So then the question is, what do we do with an instructor, who is also a supervisor, and is also a Law Enforcement Officer when he/she demonstrates that they can not (or will not) follow the established policies and procedures of the very department that has selected them to be an instructor and a supervisor?

That, my friends, is your $64K question!

I dont think we have a policy that states you cant shoot the new recruits. Maybe now we will.

$$$$$$$$$$ maka

I am certain the ones bashing Finch are fat and punkish in nature. Finch, though a bit arrogant, is one of the few at your agency that looks like a real cop. Let us now start our fat list; beginning with an overturned p/u on a round-a-bout................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast