About the department
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About the department

Can someone tell me a little bit about the department? I have an application there and it is moving foward. Does the department take care of you? Do you have problems getting 94's fast? Do you think the department will give take home cars with the new contract?
    Please provide as many information as possible.
    Thank you

I'm just curious if you applied as certified or not. I just dropped in my app my self. I guess we have to wait and see.

Here is some positive things I here!

1) The pay is not top notch but at least there hiring.
    2) Their is computers in cars.
    3) The majority of the vehicles I've seen look clean.
    4) There is no take home car program not sure why! I hear this would boost morale and officer retention not to mention save the city money on maintenance bills, ETC.
    5) If your new to Law Enforcement get ready to learn how to be a REAL cop this city has it all. If your experienced and looking to return to Law Enforcement then your what they looking for.
    6) I do not hear much negative things or bashing of other officers but I'm sure every agency has there winers.
    7) I understand there was a manpower issue or it does exist, The city hiring I'm sure with changes in the contract like pay, take home vehicle program, and ways to keep current officers intrested they will stay.
    8) CRIME well there are gang issues, drugs, robberies, shootings, the city has a high rate of low income residents so be prepared to learn how to use your MOUTH to get out of sticky situations.

Just remember if your hired SHUT YOUR MOUTH, OPEN YOUR EYES AND EARS. Don't think you more then the FTO (YOU DON'T!!!!!) and prepared every day with paper and a pen! Take notes and do as your told until your probation is over. Things will go ALOT smoother when your eager to learn and pass FTO!!!!

I hope this help GOOD LUCK, STAY SAFE!!! 8)

Good information but LOTS of mispellings...LOL

How do you guys think the new contract is going to be? They need to make it just a bit more appealing to cops already on bored, or guys coming on. Was there ever a talk of merge with the SO?

You mean on board, right? and cops coming in, right?

Now that I'm sober I can see I missed a few things!!!! Sorry for the errors :shock: I was on my eight beer, third double yager shot and trying to stay awake when I was typing! 8) :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about some more info about the department? I'm certified, looking to get back on the job quick. How long is the process and how many are they hiring? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lightbulb Re: About the department

You can really get ahead if you get in the click with Curley and crew they will show you all the wrong ways to do things and will either get you arrested or fired being a drunk will help and there are a lot of corrupt cops over here at this department. The good side is there is plenty of action.

Re: About the department

"Get in the crew"? all you gotta do is do you job. It's losers like you that give the department a bad rap and name. If you hate it here so much, take your ass somewhere else; Oh, wait you probably cant. Do your job and keep your negative comments to your punk ass....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast